SG plans

alright, i've been looking online forever, and i haven't found original Gibson SG plans or measurments or anything that can work with my computer.

you may think i'm evil or horrible, but i enjoy and prefer operating my iMac over anything else, and people don't make stuff for it often enough. if anyone out there in guild world has some or knows someone that has some or could even just give me some or most of the basic measurements (anything helps), i would be happy. much happiness. loads of happy pouring upon my soul.

granted i won't be going directly off of them (the whole semi-hollow idea i think will work), but i still need something to alter and use as a base.

anything helps, guys.

that is all.

btw, i'm just looking for stuff like body length, width, the curves on the sides, the size of the horn, the neck angle, and the total depth of the body (which i believe is 1-3/4", but i'm not positive). the most helpful stuff would be just a side, from the horn down through the curve in the body to the strap button on the bottom end of the guitar.

please! i'm begging you all! help me! i need help! :D

they need a little guy on an island writing that in the sand. that's about how i feel on this.

aren't there versions of Cad be it auto or turbo that can run on a mac? cause guitarbuild.com has SG plans in the download section (you have to sign up but it's free), if all else fails have you ever tried running a version of windows in OS ? i've seen people do it before, but i honestly don't know how, just that it can be done, then you could install turbo cad or something to open the DWG file, but there has to be some mac software that will support a DWG file???

believe it or not, no. i've looked, and i can't afford cad right now. i've got it at school, but i haven't played with it since may. if there's a free version of turbo cad or auto cad or easy cad even, i would like to know about it, 'cause i really would like to just have something to slightly base my plans on. i've got the wood, i've got the tools, got the know-how, just no idea what i'm building...

and MAC does not support dwg files, and yes, it can run windows, but i'd have to a: buy windows with the $20 in my pocket and b: get the "windows anywhere" software necesary to have it run on my G4, which costs like $600. so, though i would like to (only for applications like this, absolutly nothing else!) run windows, i can't right now.

damn money. we should all be communists. then either all of us would have money or none of us would. either way, i'm improved.

I don't know if this'll help, but here's a link (link) to a 16 page .pdf that you can print out and paste together. It's about 85K, but if it'll work on your iMac, you're welcome to it. If you (or anyone else, for that matter) need this kind of conversion (this was a DXF file), and it will work on your computer, let me know and I'll try to help you out.

well, appleworks opens almost anything except those few windows only files. .dwg, .exe, and bitmaps.

i know this one sounds crazy, but if you can save as a jpeg (i don't think you can if my cad experience recalls) or something along those lines, that would be cool. i can do wonders with that.

thanks.

.pdf's kick *ss, i can run those like a mofo. thank you so much!

:D

yay for .pdf's! they actually worked! hooray!

:D

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

So I guess going to the local gibson dealer with a pencil and large piece of paper isnt an option anmore. That blows, cuz that is terribly fun. The looks on their faces are classic when you whip out this big piese of paper and start trcing their $2000 giutar. :D

i gotta try that sometime. that would rock! got my screwdriver out, taking measurements of the routings and everything... :D

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

I dont know what they'd do if you took measurments, but tracing they tend to "let" you do. If you take measurements, let meknow how that goes. Do it in the amp room, so you have the time to do it. :D