Best Bandsaw Blades Available In Uk?

NJD

I’ve just ordered a Scheppach Basato 1 Precision Bandsaw and I’m looking for a good set of blades available in the UK. Can anyone help? What manufacturer should I be gunning for?

In a previous post i was directed towards Timberwolf but i can't find them in the UK for love nor money (i've tried both :D)

Edited by NJD

I’ve just ordered a Scheppach Basato 1 Precision Bandsaw and I’m looking for a good set of blades available in the UK. Can anyone help? What manufacturer should I be gunning for?

In a previous post i was directed towards Timberwolf but i can't find them in the UK for love nor money (i've tried both :D)

For durability the Lennox 3 is the best(especially for extreamly hard exotics). However they are about $125+. For good durability and moderate price with standard kerf the Timberwolf is a good option. For the thinnest kerf(low loss) and smoothest cut and good durability. The Woodslicer blade is the ticket(no blade can touch a woodslicer in these respects), and the price is still comperable to a Timberwolf. As blades are light weight I would think it would be worth while to ship them if you can't find just what you need locally.

P.S. I wouldn't recommend the Woodslicer unless you have your bandsaw dialed in to cut very well. It is a thin blade and if your machine is not tuned well it will not take well to trying to fight a poor set up. If your saw is set to cut very well though it's cut has no equal.

Peace,Rich

Thanks Rich! I have some Bubinga I want to slice, so I may invest in a lennox for exactly that, but keep it to one side for such hard woods.

Going from your advice I will source some timberwoolf blades for now even if I have to have them shipped – I have a book on bandsaw ‘tuning’ on it’s way so may invest in a woodslicer once I get the hang of things.

Thanks Rich! I have some Bubinga I want to slice, so I may invest in a lennox for exactly that, but keep it to one side for such hard woods.

Going from your advice I will source some timberwoolf blades for now even if I have to have them shipped – I have a book on bandsaw ‘tuning’ on it’s way so may invest in a woodslicer once I get the hang of things.

Sounds good. If you invest in a Lennox. Be sure you have your machine and technique down. You can extend the life of any blade by cutting correctly. A stick of blade lube/cleaner is also a good idea.

If you are resawing more valuable figured woods. You really want that saw tuned and cutting square and straight. When you are dialed in your accuracy will be extreamly high, and the cuts will go smooth and clean. If you find your blade wanders or is deflecting or produces a lot of heat you need to tune and refine your technique.

If you get around to trying a woodslicer. You will find it to be amazing. I recently sliced up some African Blackwood, and the surfaces were so smooth(light saw marks) they shined. Overall I would say a wood slicer reduces waste 50%(kerf is maybe 30% of that and smooth cuts amount to the additional gain in efficiency).

Peace,

Rich