Aidlook's No.2

aidlook

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i saw the lion on your avathar i thought you were from Göteborg. Very nice city, i loved it, i spent a week there in April last year, i have to say Göteborg is almost a perfect city to live B) and the girls are to die for! :D

hehe...funny thing...that lion has nothing to do with göteborg...and I've had it since before I moved here.. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Bought ash for the body today, found a nice supplier for wood now....:D

Do you mind sharing the name? I have a very good lokal suplier (stockholm) for Mahogany (even for one piece bodies), valnut, maple (got some flamed maple last time) and some other spieces. Only proble is that I have to buy whole planks. A 22" wide, 2" thick and 8 meters long board costed me like 6000 Swedish crowns last time. Maybee I can sell you some from my stash in the futute and vice verse

Bought ash for the body today, found a nice supplier for wood now....:D

Do you mind sharing the name? I have a very good lokal suplier (stockholm) for Mahogany (even for one piece bodies), valnut, maple (got some flamed maple last time) and some other spieces. Only proble is that I have to buy whole planks. A 22" wide, 2" thick and 8 meters long board costed me like 6000 Swedish crowns last time. Maybee I can sell you some from my stash in the futute and vice verse

Interwood in Gothenburg. they had a pretty big warehouse...I was in a bit of a hurry and didn't really look around for that long, but it looked like they had lots of stuff.

Many sizes of mahogany.

I bought a 2,5m long 5cm thick and 16 cm wide board for 400 crowns (american ash).

I'll contact you for future projects if you've got some spare wood to sell.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the body design, but I really dislike the headstock. Not the whole thing, just that little "nub" on the treble side. It would look strange in you simply cut the nub off, but if you made flow a bit instead of just a point I think it'd look rad.

Edited by Lord-of-the-strings

what the hell do you guys put in tyhe water in Sweden??? ALL of you swedish guys build awesome, and very clean guitars!!! Hell, i'0d say all scandinavians build awesome guitars!!! :D

..well we do have very, very good tapwater... :D

Hahaha, you do, you do, specially in Göteborg...i guess i should have drank water from the poseidon fountain! hahah

what the hell do you guys put in tyhe water in Sweden??? ALL of you swedish guys build awesome, and very clean guitars!!! Hell, i'0d say all scandinavians build awesome guitars!!! B)

..well we do have very, very good tapwater... :D

Hahaha, you do, you do, specially in Göteborg...i guess i should have drank water from the poseidon fountain! hahah

I think drunk people piss in that fountain every weekend though.... :D

Slabbe, I'm not really shure if it's heavy...depends on what you compare it to I guess...

The body is quite small but was unbelievably comfortable to play sitting down. The upper horn made the guitar rest nicely against the ribs.