This Site May Have A Virus!

Definitely something wrong here. I'm running AVG antivirus , every time I hit this site I get 2 detection notices. One for a virus called "Exploit" and another for a trojan called "Downloader.Agent.13.Al

I've run a host of detection and cleaning programs (Smitfraudfix, CCleaner, Ad-aware, Ewido, Spybot Search and Destroy, Registry Booster, Vundo-fix) to check my system out and now I only realized that the culprit was resident at Project Guitar. Time to do some bug hunting folks!

BTW, I'd just LOVE to get my hands on one of the originators of these bugs. Just me with a fork and 2 minutes alone in an empty room with the peckerwood! :D

Edited by Southpa

I got it too...am on firefox but am unprotected...hope it gets fixed soon, It happens when I try to click to an emailed link notification of replies from PG...comes up with a blank page with a small square...also tries to view with picture viewer...text size is all over the place...weird and worried... pete

PS hope someone can get a fix if it has infected our machines, who knows who we might be passing it on too!!!!

Yeah, my antivirus is activating when I open PG up with IE, but not so with firefox. What loser hacks a guitar forum, seriously?

Forums are easy targets for hackers, that is why they are hacked. While Invision software has better security features than boards such as phpBB, it is still VERY vulnerable.

Though i have never seen anyone place a spyware agent in a forum, it is very difficult!

And IE will be more vulnerable to any malicious software, be it virus or spyware, so to be safe download firefox 1.5 and never use IE again.

The small box, when you run your curser over the box does it react as if it is a button?

ok as it was stated earlier, the zbrgduxcvy.biz is a spoof site that has been created for the purpose of annoying the **** out of people, its is also very likely it contains the virus/spyware.

i noticed that this page will appear when clicking on certain things, not that you all havn't noticed it either.

My only guess is that someone has hacked through one of spare admin addresses (i know phpBB have 2 or 3 "spare/backdoor" admin accounts, so i can only assume invision would have something similar.

Then when we click on certain links, we are automatically redirected to zbrgduxcvy.biz, which may:

A: piss you off, which is a main objective of younger hackers

B: load you with a virus or a spyware loader

C: all of the above!

All we can do is wait until somone; either original administrator or invision fix it.

Firefox 2.0 is running normally here, although I get that little square (I'm guessing that's the disabled page/code or whatever?). Looks like the text size has been affected...AVG reports no infection...I've got a hardware firewall in my router, so I'm assuming it's doing its job too.

I did find a cookie for zbrg...etc....labeled 'dial'...

Dont know why but every time I open a page for this site my antivirus goes crazy! THis site only, none of the other sites are doing it, its putting a worm virus in my temp. Internet files folder.

Same thing is happening here. Norton detcted a trojan and put it into quaranteen. It locked my computer. Only came back to see if problem may be resolved and it hasn't been yet. If the administrator could send me an email to let me know when the problem has been corrected, that would be a good thing. As for now I think I'll stay away until things are safer.

Firefox 2.0 is running normally here, although I get that little square (I'm guessing that's the disabled page/code or whatever?). Looks like the text size has been affected...AVG reports no infection...I've got a hardware firewall in my router, so I'm assuming it's doing its job too.

That is exatly what I'm running and what is happening to me.

Ya its Buged up AGAIN :D for me its HUGE letters and Lag and sometimes it just wount open

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Ya its Buged up AGAIN :D for me its HUGE letters and Lag and sometimes it just wount open

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Ya its Buged up AGAIN B) for me its HUGE letters and Lag and sometimes it just wount open

!!METAL MATT!! B)

It messed up my computer.....whenever I would go on this site, my computer would freeze and messages saying I had a virus would pop up. :D I panicked and had to restart my computer like three times and was worried something was seriously wrong. I even did a system restore in case anything bad got on my computer. But everything seems fine now, yay. :D