Looking For Info On A Guitar

I was in Portland in May and stopped at Apple Row music, and they had a guitar that was lime green, with a lime green fretboatrd(gloss). I already went to their website, and googled for some info, but I cant find out what brand it was. Not really interested in the guitar itsself, but how they finished the fretboard. I have a friend of mine that wants an ALL red tele, including the fretboard(matched to the body) and I was curious if anyone either has seen what Im talking about, or knows how to do such a thing. I believe Vintage guitar mag had an article with a red explorer style guitar with a red fretboard, but I cant find the issue(less than a year ago) Ideas?

I was in Portland in May and stopped at Apple Row music, and they had a guitar that was lime green, with a lime green fretboatrd(gloss). I already went to their website, and googled for some info, but I cant find out what brand it was. Not really interested in the guitar itsself, but how they finished the fretboard. I have a friend of mine that wants an ALL red tele, including the fretboard(matched to the body) and I was curious if anyone either has seen what Im talking about, or knows how to do such a thing. I believe Vintage guitar mag had an article with a red explorer style guitar with a red fretboard, but I cant find the issue(less than a year ago) Ideas?

Use a bloodwood top and fretboard would be the easy answer, or you could use stabilised dyed wood (Larry at Gallery Hardwoods can do that for you).

You were in Portland and couldn't find anything better to do than hang out at Apple. :D

I haven't been in Apple in a while and can't think of the guitar you are talking about. I will have to swing by and take a look. Did you swing by Old Town Music while you were in that neck of the woods? I like some of the vintage guitars they get in every now and then.

Peace,Rich

Yeah, i did check out just about every guitar store in Portland including Old Town Music, but Apple was my first stop and it made all the others seem....well so so. The guitar I saw didnt have a stained fretoard, it was a solid color, no grain showing. Paint was the option I was thinking about, I was just nervous about when and if a refret was needed, wouldnt the paint chip and or discolor when heated.

Yeah, i did check out just about every guitar store in Portland including Old Town Music, but Apple was my first stop and it made all the others seem....well so so. The guitar I saw didnt have a stained fretoard, it was a solid color, no grain showing. Paint was the option I was thinking about, I was just nervous about when and if a refret was needed, wouldnt the paint chip and or discolor when heated.

Yeah they do have a lot of guitars. If I didn't hate buying from them so much I would probably go there more(it's like walking on a used car lot). Believe it or not most guys I know loved it when Guitar center came to town. Knocked them down a notch or two.

Peace,Rich

That Dean is it!! they had em in green and pink. Thanks! I agree about the used car dealer comment. I wasnt in the store but 30 seconds, and the questions started. I could see why GC would make an impact on his business, however GC has become a joke here. 2 of my friends have left GC because of the mandatory script that needs to be memorized and followed. I remember when I walked in and actually knew the salesmen, the bands they were in, and the guitars they played. Now, the conversation always starts the same way, and the same questions are always asked by different people, to get to the selling point. I prefer the salesman or woman to show a little personality, not a stale selling angle. GC actually sends employees from other stores in to make sure the conversation follows the script!!! What a crock.

That Dean is it!! they had em in green and pink. Thanks! I agree about the used car dealer comment. I wasnt in the store but 30 seconds, and the questions started. I could see why GC would make an impact on his business, however GC has become a joke here. 2 of my friends have left GC because of the mandatory script that needs to be memorized and followed. I remember when I walked in and actually knew the salesmen, the bands they were in, and the guitars they played. Now, the conversation always starts the same way, and the same questions are always asked by different people, to get to the selling point. I prefer the salesman or woman to show a little personality, not a stale selling angle. GC actually sends employees from other stores in to make sure the conversation follows the script!!! What a crock.

:D When I saw GC Guitar Crazy came to mind, then I remembered Guitar Center. I don't honestly care for either. I have spent extra money at other stores I prefer. Old town is one of the few small time stores around here(at least that isn't in business to overcharge band students for junk instruments :D ).

Peace,Rich