Where To Find Floyd Rose With Piezo Saddles?

IIRC you're gonna have to buy the whole guitar to get one of the Ibanez ones, unless you're very lucky and reasonably rich, and snatch one up on ebay.

You could try asking at www.ibanezrules.com though they don't have the piezo bridges listed in the parts section.

From what I've read over at sevenstring.org Graphtech are currently working on after-market "ghost" saddles, I think they've gone into the testing phase, but I can't remember when or if there had been a date set. So you could try emailing the appropriate department at graphtech http://www.graphtech.com/

Jeff Miller had a set of graphtech saddles in a guitar he made (www.guitaristjeffmiller.com). THey were pre release ones so he told me. So they should be coming soon. I emailed graphtech about them and they said they didnt have a deffo release date. But they did tell me they were ONLY made to fit the original FR. So probably wouldnt fit most other models. So BEWARE!!

Other options include a Ibanez double edge which has (i think) LR Baggs saddles in it. Might be able to find one on Ebay?

S

Jeff Miller had a set of graphtech saddles in a guitar he made (www.guitaristjeffmiller.com). THey were pre release ones so he told me. So they should be coming soon. I emailed graphtech about them and they said they didnt have a deffo release date. But they did tell me they were ONLY made to fit the original FR. So probably wouldnt fit most other models. So BEWARE!!

Just in case its of use, here's a mail thread I had with Graphtech about the Floyd Saddles recently. The confirmed that I could make the thread public for the sake of anyone else who might be interested.

=================

> > -----Original Message-----

> > From: .....

> > Sent: Sunday, September 24, 2006 1:44 AM

> > To: Tarina Dunwoodie

> > Subject: Floyd Rose

> >

> > MESSAGE FROM THE GRAPH TECH WEBSITE:

> >

> > Name: Kevin Salt

> > Comments: Hi Tarina,

> >

> > I get conflicting opinions from the musicians community so I decided to

> > come straight to the source .. do you make Piezo saddles for the Floyd

> > Rose tremelo?

> >

> > Thanks in advance,

> >

> >

===========================

Tarina Dunwoodie wrote:

> > Hi Kevin,

> >

> > I am sorry we do not presently offer FLOYD GHOST, still working on it!!

> > arggg

> >

> >

> > Tarina Dunwoodie

> > OEM & Distributor Support

> > Graph Tech Guitar Labs

> > 1-604-940-5353 ext 33

> > www.graphtech.com

> >

> >

================

Sent: Sat 10/14/2006 12:07 AM

To: Tarina Dunwoodie

Subject: Re: Floyd Rose

Hi Tarina,

Can you then please tell me what item is represented by special order code

PN-8080-00 ??

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

================

Tarina Dunwoodie wrote:

That is the Floyd Ghost, but it is not available. We sent out 10 sets as proto types but we realized the labour to make the saddles and for the customer to install them was far too much. We are still working on a better design to make these easier to make and install.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Tarina