Noiseless P-90... Options?

GregP

So I'm rather sick of my apartment. It's littered with EMI. My favourite guitar is a humble Godin LG with P90's. Which is problematic for obvious reasons.

I know you can get a Gibson P100 or other 3rd party (I think SD makes one) stacked P90 replacements. So those are 2 that I'm aware of. Does anybody know of other alternatives? Is there such thing as the "Lace Sensor" of P90s? Are there active soapbar pickups that are drop-in replacements? Seems to be a fairly underdeveloped market, but possibly because P90 lovers are even more sold on the importance of retaining the original engineering (a real single-coil) than even strat- and tele- lovers.

Greg

there are lace sensor P90's and EMG P90 sized pickups though those are just the standard EMG humbuckers in a differant package. The Dimarzio Virtual P90 is ment to be a very good reproduction of the p90 tone but is a humbucker. As you said SD does a stacked coil version of the p90 though I think its slightly taller. I think that's it as far as the major manufacurers

Sheesh, I was so sure that Lace didn't make one themselves that I didn't even search. <whacks forehead>

Thanks for that, Robert. I hate my apartment...

:D

Now to see if I can find reasonable pricing. :D

Maybe they ship to Canada. :D

Found some retailers selling them for $70-79 USD. Not bad. I could always start with the neck version since I rarely use bridge anyhow. Maybe do what one guy did (from a review I stumbled across in my search) and put a P-90 form-factor humbucker into the bridge. I like humbucker bridge...

Greg