Variax & Warmoth

http://warmoth.com/guitar/line6/line6.cfm?itemID=5

It says Variax bodies are $100 plus whatever you choose (strat or tele)

And it says that you must buy a Variax guitar to get the electronics.

So does this mean.. you're basically getting the electronics and routing for $100? Doesn't make any sense...

Too cheap..

A lot of people have been looking for the Variax electronics (I know I have..)

Care to look? And tell me if I missed something?

Thx

I just want the friggin electronics..

The $100 is just the surcharge for the body routing. You actually have to purchase a Line 6 Variax and strip the electronics out of it in order to be able to build your own Variax. I wonder if there'd be a lucrative enough market to buy Variaxes and just part 'em out on eBay.

The $100 is just the surcharge for the body routing. You actually have to purchase a Line 6 Variax and strip the electronics out of it in order to be able to build your own Variax. I wonder if there'd be a lucrative enough market to buy Variaxes and just part 'em out on eBay.

I really doubt it - you'll get decent enough coin for the circuitry/bridge, but you won't sell many, plus variax replacement bodies aren't really in demand - no-one wants that much routing without the circuitry that you've just sold to someone else. And as for the neck, they're the first thing most people change (and where Warmoth started doing their variax business), so I don't think many would buy them.

http://warmoth.com/guitar/line6/line6.cfm?itemID=5

And it says that you must buy a Variax guitar to get the electronics.

....you kinda answered your own question really. The $100 is for the extra routing...$100 + the cost of the body. You then need to get the electronics which is only available by buying a Variax. It's no different to buying any other replacement body...they supply the body, you supply the electronics & hardware.

KNEW IT! Thx for the replies.

Damn.. It's pretty crazy that Jeff Miller ripped at least 5 Variaxes apart for his projects...

Although, I don't really see the point of having 5 Variaxes..

But I think it's not that they're not in demand, but Line6 REALLY don't want to sell them separately just because then their large profit on the Variax guitars would essentially crash..

Actually, I think it's safe to say that Line6 is phobic of such idea.