£49 Guitar Just Arrived

I bought an SG from this guy: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/nowthenourkidshop...0QQftidZ2QQtZkm

it turned up today & I'm really pleased with it. The action's quite high, strings are cheap, pickup selector is the wrong way round & the paint job is a bit rough but.....for what I'm using it for, it's great. It would even be a great Xmas pressie if it had a bit of a setup.

I'm basically going to strip it. I got the SG because it has a 3+3 headstock so I can use the tuners, 4X pots which I can use on 2 guitars, square jack-socket plate, chrome pickup covers, tunomatic & best of all a 24.3/4" scale length....the fingerboard's getting transplanted onto a homemade neck. So with all that hardware it worked out cheaper than buying a load of cheap parts elsewhere....result! I might even be able to sell the body back on ebay.

I was really tempted with the floyd loaded pointy thing but decided against it after reading about the problems associated with licensed floyds.

If you don't pull the fret board off, I'll swap you the body and neck for a pre slotted fretboard and enough jumbo fret wire to fret it. Hell, I might even be able to throw some other gubbins in there too, I'll have to see what I've got (free full size print outs of any guitar plans).

Seems a shame to pull a fret bboard off a perfectly good neck.

:D sweet! I just set up a friends Maya copy that he got off ebay for about £40 (including postage) needed the wiring touching up ( there were some very bad joints!). Made a few cosmetic changes and shimmed the neck to get a resonable action and it now plays quite nicely (pickups were even wound pretty hot unlike some of the well know cheep brands). The body was made out of about 6 or 7 pieces minimum but at least it was actually hard wood.

Its suprising how cheeply you can actually get gutiars these days. After a bit of work I'm sure most of them would play pretty well and sound half decent too.

If you don't pull the fret board off, I'll swap you the body and neck for a pre slotted fretboard and enough jumbo fret wire to fret it. Hell, I might even be able to throw some other gubbins in there too, I'll have to see what I've got (free full size print outs of any guitar plans).

Seems a shame to pull a fret bboard off a perfectly good neck.

hmmmm..... :D

The reason for not just getting a slotted fingerboard & some fret wire was that I don't have any fretting tools or experience with fretting so, after some advice from a PG member, I decided that a cheap neck & transplanting the board might be a good compromise. I would like to move up to doing a full fret job but I want to take it one step at a time really....but I am tempted by that offer :D

How about if a threw in a neck instead (or aswell), it's a 6 on one side, pointy version of a fender. 25 inch scale. Headstock painted with blue hammerite (don't ask). Came off a vantage.

Got a few bits and pieces that could go. Black fender scratch plate (also off the Vantage) with HB/SC/SC. Would even let iot go with the (not very good) pups.

Let me know what it is you'd be interested in. The girlfriend will love me getting another guitar body :D

How about if a threw in a neck instead (or aswell), it's a 6 on one side, pointy version of a fender. 25 inch scale. Headstock painted with blue hammerite (don't ask). Came off a vantage.

Got a few bits and pieces that could go. Black fender scratch plate (also off the Vantage) with HB/SC/SC. Would even let iot go with the (not very good) pups.

Let me know what it is you'd be interested in. The girlfriend will love me getting another guitar body :D

I've sent you an email, the messenger didn't seem to work :D