Aging A Pick Guard

ohm

I built a Saga Telecaster kit this summer and was wondering if anyone knew how to age a pickguard? The main reason being that the guitar is painted red with natural wood spikes and the sterile looking pick guard looks out of place and I think it would look much better if it was aged off white to better compliment the color of the spikes. Here is a pic of the guitar for reference.

TC-10.JPG

I built a Saga Telecaster kit this summer and was wondering if anyone knew how to age a pickguard? The main reason being that the guitar is painted red with natural wood spikes and the sterile looking pick guard looks out of place and I think it would look much better if it was aged off white to better compliment the color of the spikes. Here is a pic of the guitar for reference.

TC-10.JPG

Never tried it, but I have heard the way to age plastic parts is to soak them in coffee or tea. Brew some strong tea, put it in a basin, and soak it for one minute, dry it off, and see if you like the color. If thats too much hassle, there are tons of places that will see preaged parts pretty cheap, probably for about $20.

Cool I well try the shoe polish and see how that works, I would get killed for trying the coffee thing though :D The weard thing about the pics is that when I pulled up the properties for the photo, I have it posted on my website, to get the proper link it was showing up as being only a bit over 300x400, oh well, how do you post thumbnails of pics?

As for the feric chloride I knew about that one, I accidently spilled some on a steel table while etching a circuit board for a Fuzz box one time and it almost instantly started to get rust spots on it. :D Anyway I just wiped it off quickly and it was fine.

Anyhow thanks for the replies.