Want To Instal Emg Kfk Set On My Ibanez Rg570

keep in mind too mr. thedamned...that if your batterries stay in the guitar for the 2 or 3 years it takes to drain them,they will likely corrode and ruin your electronics or the finish if the corrosion leaks out.

fresh batteries once a year,whether you need them or not

:D looks like I'll never need to re-charge these rechargables then!

but i love those active emg's...no ground wire and that clean black look...

and after all that effort I went to installing the ground wire on that guitar!

brewu...that sound kk has is the basic souped up jcm800 thrash metal sound...it IS a little dated...but i love that sound.very crystal clear.

A lot of non-thrash bands still use JCM-800 (I happen to know Belphegor were using them up until recently when they switched to the rather overused Mesa dual recto (still with marshall cabs though so not so bad)).

i think the best sound slayer ever had was on reign in blood...but "god hates us all" had a good metal tone as well.

Seasons in the Abyss has a good tone too B) gotta love skeletons of society

modern metal tone is bassier with less mids for the most part...so i think alot of the younger generation than mine just doesn't really understand it...especially since alot of the modern metal is recorded through line 6 equipment on a computer

B) oi I sorta understand and I think I qualify as a younger generation :D though I do use Line 6 gear :D not the kidney bean though! (and only because the Line 6 'Insane' model is the highest gain sound I've ever heard...I'd use something else if I could find something with more gain and dirt)

if you want more gain play through a jcm 800 but use a boss metal zone pedal...lots of thick rich gain but the tube amp still gives it the good sound

or if you MUST have a solid state...try out the crate xt series...gain stacking baby!

i myself play through a mode 4 full stack but i set the left side to sparkly clean,then hit the pedal and use the eq on the pedal to shape the high gain sound i want.that way wuiuth the touch of the pedal i go from metal clean to high gain metal.

trust me when i say the"insane" on the line 6 does not compare

if you want more gain play through a jcm 800 but use a boss metal zone pedal...lots of thick rich gain but the tube amp still gives it the good sound

:D I can't stand the metal zone I'm affraid :D

i myself play through a mode 4 full stack but i set the left side to sparkly clean,then hit the pedal and use the eq on the pedal to shape the high gain sound i want.that way wuiuth the touch of the pedal i go from metal clean to high gain metal.

That's essentially what I'm doing too except I'm using my EQ to drive the amp model harder where it needs it (extreme highs, mids ~800hz and bass ~100hz). After I've got my new gear (christmas presents ect.) I'll have a MXR 10 band either side of a Line 6 Ubermetal pedal for full tweakablity

trust me when i say the"insane" on the line 6 does not compare

B) shall have to send you some clips when I've ironed the kinks out of my recording setup

Edited by Robert_the_damned

shall have to send you some clips when I've ironed the kinks out of my recording setup

hehe..don't bother.maaybe you don't know who you are talking to...but i am the guy who has every piece of gear on the planet...

i have a line 6 spider 3 sitting not 10 feet from me right now.it was my portable combo for about a week until i replaced it with the much more agressive crate xt120r combo

i also tried one of those line 6 hd heads when i bought my mode 4...$1200 and it is supposed to be the finest thing line 6 offers...but it was very subpar compared to a good amp.

keep in mindthough that i play much faster than alot of metal...i outran the hd with "epidemic" ...and that isn't even really a fast song.

the bottom end of a good high gain amp has to stay ahead of whatis being played through it...and the hd was only clear for slow hardcore style metal.

but i am very picky.lamb of god gets a good sound through line 6...but they turn the gain way down to keep it clear.

here

intro to my cd

that is basically my recording sound as of the moment...through a behringer vamp 2 into my desktop

recorded sound and live sound are 2 different animals..i tried to reproduce through the vamp what i hear through my stack...is it close?eh

i hope you have good speakers though so it will sound right.

and yes i know that is not "fast"..it is an intro..and i only mean that my songs are thrash orientted anyway...so they are faster than alot of hardcore out there...give me a few minutes to uppload and i will show you a good recording of one of my songs..guitar parts only...but bad playing...this is,after all only my sound experiments.now that i know the sound i want i have to get offmy lazy ass and get some GOOD tracks down :D

shall have to send you some clips when I've ironed the kinks out of my recording setup

hehe..don't bother.maaybe you don't know who you are talking to...but i am the guy who has every piece of gear on the planet...

:D ah good point! but just because you have every good piece of gear doesn't mean you've found every good setting on every piece of gear though B)

i have a line 6 spider 3 sitting not 10 feet from me right now

I have a spider 2 2x10 combo. Its pretty good but what I really want to do is custom build a tube amp (something like a JCM800 pre-amp plus a dual recto preamp all run into a marshall design power amp) :D need to experiment in making slightly smaller less complicated tube amps first though.

keep in mindthough that i play much faster than alot of metal...i outran the hd with "epidemic" ...and that isn't even really a fast song.

I play maily black metal sort of stuff (so its not *that* fast and its mainly one note lines so I can get away with having tones of dirty fuzz!)

B) ok maybe I can't *quite* rival that but I think the sounds I can get would supprise you

i hope you have good speakers though so it will sound right.

I've got a fair sound system so don't worry!

give me a few minutes to uppload and i will show you a good recording of one of my songs..guitar parts only...but bad playing...this is,after all only my sound experiments.now that i know the sound i want i have to get offmy lazy ass and get some GOOD tracks down

:D alright but its nearly 1 am and I've got to get up in seven and a half hours and be able to understand maths

http://westhemann.com/my%20music/new%20mus...pr%20redone.mp3

here you go...now remember there is a pretty sloppy part in the middle bridge so just keep in mind the sound is what i want you to hear.

$300 ibanez rgt42rp with emg pups and a $100 behringer into a computer...you don't HAVE to spend alot of money...but to be fair the guitar was on sale because the new ibanez trem had come out and nobody wanted the ones with the old trem

http://westhemann.com/my%20music/new%20mus...pr%20redone.mp3

here you go...now remember there is a pretty sloppy part in the middle bridge so just keep in mind the sound is what i want you to hear.

sounds good to me. :D maybe you've got a bit more gain B) but I've only been playing for about 5 years so I'm sure I'll catch up at some point :D when you get old a grey and can't take all that 'loud rawkus music' anymore! You'll be sat on your porch with your telecaster set up for slide playing along to Muddy Waters in no time!

$300 ibanez rgt42rp with emg pups and a $100 behringer into a computer...you don't HAVE to spend alot of money...but to be fair the guitar was on sale because the new ibanez trem had come out and nobody wanted the ones with the old trem

That's not bad B) of course the EMG pickups add a fair bit to that total price. I'm still mostly on overwound passives but I will be installing an 81 in a guitar when I can get access to it (its at home,I'm at uni, bit of a bugger really!) that's getting it before anything else goes active because its tuned stupidly low and has no tone of its own (plywood body and maple neck).

:D you've even got me look at trems now (normally I'm completely against them) but the Ibanez ZR llooks like it could be a trem I'd like. Now all I've got to do is go find a guitar store with a model with one on to try (which is more difficult than you'd think in the UK).

sorry for the thread hijack!!!!

look at the kahler 7300 at www.wammiusa.com

at $220 it is a damn site cheaper than the zr and if you use a floyd nut you will save money as well...the kahler nuts are expensive and the floyd nuts work perfectly...as a matter of fact if you look at the picture of kerry king i linked to earlier,you will notice he is using a kahler flatmound and a floyd locking nut,and if it is good enough for his diving and pulling insanity,it is good enough for me

and i am 34...i am already old,but i will never be too oldfor metal

look at the kahler 7300 at www.wammiusa.com

at $220 it is a damn site cheaper than the zr and if you use a floyd nut you will save money as well...the kahler nuts are expensive and the floyd nuts work perfectly...as a matter of fact if you look at the picture of kerry king i linked to earlier,you will notice he is using a kahler flatmound and a floyd locking nut,and if it is good enough for his diving and pulling insanity,it is good enough for me

:D so it is! and there was me thinking it was a floyd! :D I wonder if we'll be seeing one on one of the B.c. Rich signature gutiars! I highly doubt it!

hummm might have to think about putting one of those onto my Virgo copy I want to make. Though they do only ship to the US so that would make it a lot more difficult. B) I'd have to find one of you nice friendly american's that would be willing to post it over to me.

and i am 34...i am already old,but i will never be too oldfor metal

:D and for some reason I believe you!

I wonder if we'll be seeing one on one of the B.c. Rich signature gutiars!

as i recall,the high end custom shop sig model DOES have the kahler...as a mtter of fact it is exactly like the one you see in that picture in allrespects.the bc rich custom shop is pretty damn good.i played a virgin custom once and it was pretty damn sweet.

those cheapies in his sig line have that tom fixed bridge.kerry king said once that he liked the fact that it was a easily playable instrument that begginers could afford,so he was happy with it,but that he would never play one.

ed roman used to have his sig warlocks and vees available(that's where iused to drool over them because he has high quality pics)but i am quite sure you could order one from anywhere.i seem to remember them being close to $2500? if you shopped around

http://www.celebrityrockstarguitars.com/rock/king.htm

That's fairly expensive! :D better off buying the cheeper fix bridge model and the trem seperately and fitting it yourself! (of course you'd not get the same level of workmanship but oh well!)

*personally* I'd never play someone elses signature gutiar (unless I was in an apropriate tribute band). It just doesn't seem right to me.

hehe...i don't share your view on that.i feel like copying another's style of music is not cool,but i am a sucker for those high end sig models...and i DID just order a kh a week ago.and i already own a hand built six feet under vee built by rob kaufman of kxk guitars...to my own specs of course(mahogany wings and 24 frets)

http://www.kxkguitars.com/