How Many Of You...

Southpa

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just checking everyone's lateral manual dexterity to see if guitar players are any better than non players. Nah, actually I'm just really, really bored and want to check out this poll thingy. :D I'll give it a week and make a funny little pie chart. B)

sorry, must've made a mistake I don't see any poll options...nevermind. :D

Edited by Southpa

Just checking everyone's lateral manual dexterity to see if guitar players are any better than non players. Nah, actually I'm just really, really bored and want to check out this poll thingy. B) I'll give it a week and make a funny little pie chart. :D

sorry, must've made a mistake I don't see any poll options...nevermind. :D

I can do the vulcan thing with both hands...actually, it's a sign Jewish priests (Cohenim) make...Leonard Nimoy borrowed it for Star Trek...not sure where that Vulcan death grip comes from...maybe his mother? :D

Easily, both hands. I remember my sister used to have to do that as an exercise for playing the viola. Can't see where it comes into guitar playing though :D

I can raise my right eyebrow like Spock used to do on the old star treks, but if i try it with the left, they both move. Weird....

• 3 weeks later...
Easy both hands. But I can also do something weird. When I try to spread my fingers apart I can spread my left hand about 1 inch more than my right. It's deffinitly from guitar playing as it wasn't like that before I started playing.

I never thought about that before - just measured it and left hand spread is 9", right hand only 8".

Cool :D

Easy both hands. But I can also do something weird. When I try to spread my fingers apart I can spread my left hand about 1 inch more than my right. It's deffinitly from guitar playing as it wasn't like that before I started playing.

I never thought about that before - just measured it and left hand spread is 9", right hand only 8".

Cool :D

Bunch of single instrumentalist weirdo's :D

Mine both spread equally. Probably the piano playing in my younger years....

I can do the spock thing on both hands. Here's one, though: Same idea, only instead of index+middle and ring+pinky, try index middle+ring pinky. I can do that with my right hand, but it takes a bit longer to work it out on my left.

For all you guys whose finger don't spread the same length, it may just be, you know, a slight deformity (too strong a word, but its late, and I can't think). =P

I can do the spock thing on both hands. Here's one, though: Same idea, only instead of index+middle and ring+pinky, try index middle+ring pinky. I can do that with my right hand, but it takes a bit longer to work it out on my left.

For all you guys whose finger don't spread the same length, it may just be, you know, a slight deformity (too strong a word, but its late, and I can't think). =P

I can do that with both hands, and I can switch between that and the spock thing.

Yeah I thought it might just be the way I am, but like I said, it wase not like that before I started playing guitar. Which leads me to believe that -may- be the cause....