Guitar Build-off?

Wes, if you want to get us started that would be a good idea - I was going to start the votes but couldnt deicide on catagories and things like that. You seem to have a clear idea about what we need to do....

I'm definately up for this if its starting soon, but we definately need someone to get our arses in gear :D

Cheers

Wez

I thought i would leave my spelling mistake in, anyone remember the band!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deicide

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do you mean remember?deicide are still around and putting out music.i have the new cd in my car and it's pretty good

as far as me getting the ball rolling,i would need to see a few people that want me too.i do have a clear idea of how to get it started.after that it's up to you guys to stay focused...but it will be easy because you will have rules to look at.

by the way...all the rules would be voted on as well..by the people who are actually IN the competition...and i PERSONALLY think that if you guys really want it to be different from gotm...we would also come up with a "pot" so to speak of wood,guitar parts,whatever you guys have laying around...every even half arsed serious builder has stuff they know they will never use...all that gets sent to a neutral party(shipping paid by sender of each item)..and the winner(voted on by a panel of erlected judges...only qualified judges elected who know what they are looking at...)would take the entire pot...and shipping costs of the entire pile TO the winner would be divided amonsgt the guys who lost.

of course...that would be voted on too..but the first thing is to find the entrants...ad the "pot" donation could be the entry fee some of you are wanting to weed out non serious entries

Wes, I don't understand what they're waiting on.

I've seen all the major posters to this thread online since you posted your instructions, and not a single thread started in the PITAV forum.

C'mon, someone who is going to participate will you please start the polling, I want to see you guys build some guitars!

i do think they should handle it...but if they REALLY want to do a build off but they don't hasve the orginizational skills..i will organize it.after that it's all them

i really WOULD rather see one of them take charge.

to be honest...i am a little impatient to see it happen.wesv is up for me starting the polling...anyone else?

anybody want to build explorers with me?i do have a "small" head start in that i have it planned out,have my materials,and myneck s almost complete...but as slow as i move you could easily catch up.

i look to be finished and strung up aroung august of next year.if ya'll think ya'll are up for it...i would be happy to

Wes if you are willing to start us out im all for it

i think no one has done it yet (including me) for fear of sounding retarted (like me) HA.HA

by adding things that are not feasable or worth consideration

and as far as a wood/parts pot thats a great idea. it shows we are directionless idiots :D

but im all for you starting it then there is no bias till voting starts

as the genral rules for voting are in place :D

I think there are questions that need to be answered to determine what would interest people. Type of builds- I know some people like myself would only want to do this if it is a build I want to do. I am time limited and am not going to build a Strat this year(just not what I am interested in). So a pole to determine design constraints, partial or no limits. Would be good.

I think a pole regarding if this should be a charity event, fund raiser, no monitary association, Prize contest. Would be appropriate.

As far as judging. We have VIP's, General Forum, Select members, Mods, and another option... We could inlist the assistance of well know industry leaders and professionals for a round of judging at the end of this thing(I believe this can be arranged).(I suggest we poll with the above mentioned options)

Lastly time frame. We have different time limitations during the year. Some of you can spend 8+ hours a day several days a week. Some are limited to some operations around school breaks. Some of us have demanding jobs and children. I think we need to determine how much time is needed to allow for max. participation, but not have it drag on too long. Also remembering, some tasks such as inlay can add to the duration of a really detailed guitar. Not everyone will want to just do a solid color guitar with little or no details.( I would suggest we poll asking if 6,8,12 month duration is needed).

I am going to be out ofthe house for a while, but when I get back I will check this topic. If no one has posted these in polls I will. I don't believe anyone wants to "head this up" because they don't know if they want to participate(type of guitar and such being big factors).

Peace,Rich

Well, something I noticed is that Low End Fuzz started this thread. He is THE MAN.

His wishes should be paramount and his OK to ideas should have more power than average, because he is the one who started this thread, and due and proper respect should be paid to his wishes.

If it weren't for him starting it, all you guys with all your fancy-dan ideas would be just whistling in the wind.

I notice he posted twice at the beginning and has not posted to this thread since then, although he has been posting elsewhere.

So. I would PM him and see if he has been scared off by all the hoopla and whatnot, which would not be right.

It was his thread, his idea, I think you all should pay respect to what he wanted to do, or this is really just hijacking someone's thread in the end.

Y'all have fun now, y'hear? :D

the poll is started..go to it..i think you will find it is fair and there will be multiple "comparable" builds allowed...so everyone is not going to be forced to build just one thing

by the way...i severely doubt a strat would be one of those choices...WAAY to easy to fake with a pile of wood at the beginning and a bunch of warmoth parts bolted togetrther in the end

if you don't like the direction...don't sign up...i just think 6 pages of 'round and round' is too much without even starting ground rules.

a suggestion has been made to close this thread,i think it is a good idea for now so that we get some serious entrants in the polls.after that this thread will be reopened (if needed) for only the entrants to participate