Mini Switch Wiring Help

Mickguard

I've looked, believe me, but I haven't found what I need...I'm hoping maybe some kind soul will be willing to draw a couple lines on a jpg for me?

It's a 2 pickup guitar (humbuckers but not split) with one volume, one tone and an on-on-on mini switch instead of the usual switch. Just because I like the look of a mini switch. But I just can't figure out how to wire things...what are those two rows of poles for anyway?

Here's what I have so far (the wiring for the volume--tone--jack come from an existing guitar). So all I need to know is:

Where to attach the leads from each pickup, and

Where to attach the lead from the switch (the center pair I imagine) to the volume knob

I can pretty much guess where the ground wires go (I figure I'll just solder them all into one big pile).

Here's a thumbnail for the admittedly crude drawing:

th_twopupwminiswitch1vol1tone.jpg

(just in case it isn't clear, those are braided cables between the pots too, so the ground wires are soldered to their respective pots, not to the lugs!)

Thanks! If I get this sorted out, I should be able to plug in later tonight!

Just to be clear --both of the center lugs are connected together, right?

Yes, he has it right - that will work just fine. Your volume control third leg from the left should be grounded. Cannot tell if you intend for the middle leg of both pots to be grounded, if so this is wrong.

Just to be clear --both of the center lugs are connected together, right?

Yes, he has it right - that will work just fine. Your volume control third leg from the left should be grounded. Cannot tell if you intend for the middle leg of both pots to be grounded, if so this is wrong.

Yes, the third leg is grounded, and no, neither center lug is grounded, thanks!

hi Mickguard,

i think what's confusing some people, is the way you displayed the shielded cables.

you did mention it:

(just in case it isn't clear, those are braided cables between the pots too, so the ground wires are soldered to their respective pots, not to the lugs!)

but, when people are focused on the drawing, they forget things like that.

one thing i do want to mention: although it will work, you may find you don't like the operation of your tone control.

placing it after the volume control, will cause the tone control to have a much larger effect when the volume is reduced.

in general, it is better, if the tone control is placed before the volume control.

(between the left lug of the volume control in your drawing and ground will work.)

the center lug of the volume control, is then connected only to the tip of output jack.

cheers,

unk