Tell Me About The Quality Of The Parts From This Place,,,,,,,,,,

I have a few more parts to buy for my Tele project and would like to buy them all from one place to cut down on shipping cost if at all possible, I need a control plate, jack cup, flat top knobs, pots (one vol and one push/pull for tone and splitting a humbucker) a 3 way switch, and a set of the GFS Tele humbuckers.

,,,,,, so how are the parts from there?

http://store.guitarfetish.com/index.html

can't comment on that shop but although it is often cheaper to buy from one place I've found that you often end up compromising on what you actually buy. It's not always the case but I've bought some parts before from just one shop to save on postage only to realise that I could have bought a better component from elsewhere for only a few extra £'s.

I have spend loads o'money at guitar fetish. At my level of skill, I would rather buy budget than risk screwing up high end hardware. But that is still not to confuse bedget with cheap or poor quility. Yeah, he has some stuff that is lower end, but most stuff (espicially the stuff you are talking about for a tele) is great gear at a great price. I am an avid fan of the GFS pickups.

R-

Jay's a member here? Didn't know that.

I've bought a few pieces from him, he's lightning quick to answer your questions, ships quickly and you can't beat his prices. He even once accidentally shipped me the same order twice (although I told him about it and paid for it).

There's a lot of hype around those GFS pups...I'm not so sure what to think...I believe they're being made according to his specs now, but in the past at least I had the feeling --just the feeling, no proof or anything--that he was just choosing stuff from Artec's catalog (they're the Korean manufacturer of a lot of pickups). But it seems like now at any rate he's involved in the design process.

And for the prices, the pickups I've tried (Memphis, Brooklyn; Dream 90s and Hot Nashvilles) have all been just fine....I mean, come on, they're wire and magnets, pretty much like any other pickup in the world. At least he doesn't charge out the yinyang just for the 'boutique' market.

If you want a truly authentic Telecaster sound, and not a hot-rodded rock-sounding Telecaster, you should really get an authentic Fender bridgeplate, there is a big difference in sound.

Actually, Glendale is having a sale until Jan. 4th on a bridgeplate and a set of saddles for $80.00, which is a Great Deal compared to buying them separately, I would really recommend you buy that if you're looking for Real Tele Tone.

If you're not, no big deal then, but there is a great deal of difference in sound between a Glendale/Fender bridge and those big heavy brass Gotoh jobs.

The rest of it, buy it where you want, but a Telecaster's sound eminates from that bridgeplate, and the one you choose makes a difference.

Glendale

If you want a truly authentic Telecaster sound, and not a hot-rodded rock-sounding Telecaster, you should really get an authentic Fender bridgeplate, there is a big difference in sound.

Actually, Glendale is having a sale until Jan. 4th on a bridgeplate and a set of saddles for $80.00, which is a Great Deal compared to buying them separately, I would really recommend you buy that if you're looking for Real Tele Tone.

If you're not, no big deal then, but there is a great deal of difference in sound between a Glendale/Fender bridge and those big heavy brass Gotoh jobs.

The rest of it, buy it where you want, but a Telecaster's sound eminates from that bridgeplate, and the one you choose makes a difference.

Glendale

+1 the 3 saddle Tele bridge IS the tele anything else is like salt, just season to taste

"If you want a truly authentic Telecaster sound, and not a hot-rodded rock-sounding Telecaster, you should really get an authentic Fender bridgeplate, there is a big difference in sound.

The rest of it, buy it where you want, but a Telecaster's sound eminates from that bridgeplate, and the one you choose makes a difference."

Thanks for all the replies guys,,,,, Drak, I have a bridge,,,,, two really, the first is an "All Parts" Fender copy, six saddle ash tray type , the second, and the one I plan on using is a Fender ash tray bridge that has been notched at the high E string side like a Danny Gatton Tele bridge, it has six saddle s well,,,, which is what I like.

I'm not really lookin' for the "Tele" sound although I hope this one gets in the "neighborhood" of a Tele when I want it ,, what I'm really wanting is a very flexible Tele "shaped" guitar that I can cover as much ground as possible with,,,,,,,,, I play on the Worship Team at Church and we do very contemporary praise & Worship music so I never know what sort of guitar sounds I'll need till we practice just before a service.

Hey, when are you going to reply to my other thread about this build telling me about the pore filling process of the sides and back on this Walnut body? Thanks again for helping me out! :D

Edited by tkcrabby