Need To Clearcoat Before Christmas

Hi, Help urgent

I need to clearcoat an electric 5 string violin by christmas.( due to production stopping due to a heart attack) I intend to use a fast curing floor varnish from Ronseal. Uk folks will know the name. It is a water based poly and can be recoated in 1 1/2 hours, and will be hard enough to walk on in 12 hours. Has anyone any idea how I can buff this to a high gloss finish quickly.

John

If you're the one who had the heart attack, I think you should heed the warning signs and let the stress go.

Anyone who has had a heart attack, the word 'urgent' should not be part of their vocabulary any longer.

Nobody will kill themselves if they don't get an electric violin by Christmas.

Having said that, I hope you find a way to get it done, but don't get all freaky over it.

Stress kills, that is a cold hard fact, and finishing usually takes time and patience to do a great job of it, the two don't seem to be a good match at the moment with 3 days to go until Christmas.

What if something goes wrong with the finish, you get a bubble in it or something and have to redo it?

That happens a lot with finishing, especially when you're in a hurry, at least it does to me.

I hope, if it's possible, you decide to call this person and tell them they will have to wait awhile if they want it done right.