Factors For String Tension In A Strat

This is a continuation of a previous thread but I thought it would be a good idea to have all in one spot the factors that influence string tension or the feeling of tightness in a string on a strat assuming a 25.5" scale

For example, is it the placement of the string trees, the height of the trees, the angle the string breaks over the nut, spring tension on tremolo, whether its fixed.... so on and so on.

We started a topic a while back that took a look at this. I built a test model to get some real world modeling going while the theory flowed. I think you will find it is harder than you think to find 100% agreement on even small points when it comes to this subject. However I think we finally did agree on a couple points.FWIW-Topic

Peace,Rich

Just what I was looking for thank you

quote name='fryovanni' date='Dec 25 2006, 06:22 PM' post='306386']

We started a topic a while back that took a look at this. I built a test model to get some real world modeling going while the theory flowed. I think you will find it is harder than you think to find 100% agreement on even small points when it comes to this subject. However I think we finally did agree on a couple points.FWIW-Topic

Peace,Rich