Pickups For New Build...dimarzio And Sd.

Herc

Hello, this is my first time posting here, so, I hope I'm posting in the right section for this.

I'm deciding on which pickups I want to put into my current guitar build. Initially, I was goint to use SD's JB and Jazz combo(or possibly a JB and 59 combo). I have a JB and classic stack that I put in another guitar years ago and am happy with it, but, that guitar has a basswood body and is of a different design. For my current build, it's similar to a PRS or Carvin California Carve Top. I made the body from mahogany with a curly/quilted maple top. I'm making the neck a laminate of 5 layers of wood. It will be 3 layers of mahogany and 2 layers of 3/8" tiger maple with a rosewood finger board. I don't know how the JB sounds in a guitar with this wood(I'm assuming good). And now, my curiousity is getting the best of me...I've never used Dimarzio pickups and am thinking of giving them a try. The problem is, I'm interested in using a PAF Joe and Mo' Joe combination and the Dimarzio web site doesn't have sound clips of the Mo' Joe(which is now making me even more curious). Plus, I wonder how they would sound with the woods in my current build. I don't want them to become too muddy, especially the neck. So, has anyone used either of the Dimarzio pickups I mentioned in a guitar like I'm building and how would you compare them to the JB?

Thanks for the replies and sorry for the longish post!