Autocad Printing

hi, i have aquired some dwg files and have autoCAD 2007 they are all 1:1 but whenever i try to print them so the come out at 1:1 on multiple pages i only get the bottom left corner and then it stops printing, i need to know how to get the rest of the pages rather than just one part at 1:1

help appreciated

thanks in advance

pandimebag9876 :D

I use Autocad 2004, but will be the same I guess. With 1:1 my printer only prints what show on the screen. (work view).

So adjust the drawing that it shows the area (on the screen) that you want to print, print. And then adjust the screen again to print the otehr parts. With some overlap and some sticky tape, you can have the whole thing printed.

Hope this makes sense.

The few times I have tried to line up prints that way I have drawn reference grids. Then printed using the print window(1:1 in model space). Really though I would recommend using a Kinkos or local print house and plot on full size sheets. The plots are not that expensive and the extra degree of accuracy/convenience is well worth a few bucks.

Peace,Rich

• 2 weeks later...
hi, i have aquired some dwg files and have autoCAD 2007 they are all 1:1 but whenever i try to print them so the come out at 1:1 on multiple pages i only get the bottom left corner and then it stops printing, i need to know how to get the rest of the pages rather than just one part at 1:1

help appreciated

thanks in advance

pandimebag9876 :D

Here are some steps you may need to do, make a set of line up marks in many locations like a 2" x 2" plus mark "+" this is for lining up multiple plots, then you can do a plot manager page set up for the size paper you are using save it with a name and set current, Then as mentioned above you use plot window to select all the different plot areas that you need based on your paper size and your plot scale is set 1:1. It also takes some practice printing with AutoCAD is never easy, though it has gotten a lot better. Also note even if you make a plot with a huge piece of paper, keep in mind moisture and climate can affect that sheet and it can expand or shrink .125" easy, so plot and use right away or check it in an x and y direction based on a pre determined lines on the drawing!

Look its all right here on page 750 :D

so there is no way to print it in one go u must do each page seperately??

sorry im a bit confused

No, its not like a windows program. You have to do it all seperate, unless you go to a place that has a large plotter.

Edited by RMS