A Question About A Pickguard...

So I have an S1010 SG "double horned cutaway" guitar I'm fooling around with. One of the changes I want to make it to add a black pickguard...found here.

Product code: PG_9803-033

My first question would be the screw holes I'd have to drill are too small to ruin the tone, right?

And the second is...anybody have experience putting a pickguard like this on a copy? Will it fit fine?

Thanks in advance!

screw holes I'd have to drill are too small to ruin the tone, right

Right. If I was you I'd take some tooth picks, dip em in tightbond, cram em into the empty holes, break em off. Let it dry, sand em down (or trim close, dont sand your paint off).

NEver ordered pick guards from them. If I was you I'd call and talk to a live person about what you need and what they have.

screw holes I'd have to drill are too small to ruin the tone, right

Right. If I was you I'd take some tooth picks, dip em in tightbond, cram em into the empty holes, break em off. Let it dry, sand em down (or trim close, dont sand your paint off).

NEver ordered pick guards from them. If I was you I'd call and talk to a live person about what you need and what they have.

This would be to......tighten the loose screw holes?

This would be to......tighten the loose screw holes?

No, it's to fill them so you can drill new holes that match the new pickguard. You don't need to fill the holes though, assuming the new holes don't overlap them or something. Since they're below the guard, they can't be seen. Use the same trick to fill the holes from your jack plate, so you can put a different one on there.

And no, there's no way they could affect the tone of the guitar...

But you should spend some time looking around, you might find a pickguard that fits the guitar...or find a pickguard that hasn't be drilled for holes, so you can line it up with the existing holes.