Need Help With My Lp Wiring...

Thoughtless 7

Hi there,

I re-wired my Les Paul about 3 months ago and have JUSt noticed that i tone pot for the neck pick-up doesn't seem to work. I had to buy brand new pots and selector cos the old ones were knackered (didn't switch or volume). I KNOW the new pots work though cos when i turn the volume on both pickups down they work, and the tone pot on the bridge works, but the neck pick up just seems to sound muddy and when i turn the tone pot down there is just a SLIGHT change, nothing major. I've checked my wiring and there doesn't seem to be anything touching groung that shouldn't.

I have an Air Norton in the neck and Evo in the bridge. Its the same combo i have in my Ibanez, but the air norton in my Ibanez sounds MUCH better that this one. I think i'm just cinfused on the 4 pots thing.

Cheers.

Hi there,

I re-wired my Les Paul about 3 months ago and have JUSt noticed that i tone pot for the neck pick-up doesn't seem to work. I had to buy brand new pots and selector cos the old ones were knackered (didn't switch or volume). I KNOW the new pots work though cos when i turn the volume on both pickups down they work, and the tone pot on the bridge works, but the neck pick up just seems to sound muddy and when i turn the tone pot down there is just a SLIGHT change, nothing major. I've checked my wiring and there doesn't seem to be anything touching groung that shouldn't.

I have an Air Norton in the neck and Evo in the bridge. Its the same combo i have in my Ibanez, but the air norton in my Ibanez sounds MUCH better that this one. I think i'm just cinfused on the 4 pots thing.

Cheers.

What values are you using for the capacitors on the tone pots? Did you buy a 500k Audio taper pot on that tone control? Double check the wiring this is a great link for this kind of stuff.

http://www.guitarelectronics.com/product/WDUHH3T2202