What Is The Size Of The Drill Bit, Used For Pots?

I have 2 500k audio pots from allparts. Are all of these holes drilled for the pots, the same size drill bit?

And would it be the same for the switch selector? Btw I'm using a 3 way switch, the circle one, not the long 5 switch selector. Thank you

this is the one that i have here, its a 500k audio pot ts split knurled shaft.

Would this be ok for a volume knob?

imga1150li3.jpg

imga1149gh5.jpg

I have 2 500k audio pots from allparts. Are all of these holes drilled for the pots, the same size drill bit?

And would it be the same for the switch selector? Btw I'm using a 3 way switch, the circle one, not the long 5 switch selector. Thank you

this is the one that i have here, its a 500k audio pot ts split knurled shaft.

Would this be ok for a volume knob?

imga1150li3.jpg

imga1149gh5.jpg

See how you've got 2 washers and a nut on the threaded portion of that pot? That's to hold it to the body - the hole needs to be wide enough so that the threaded portion can come through the hole, but narrow enough so that the washers and nut don't fall through it.

That should do it.

I measured the pot shafts I got from StewMac and not Allparts. They fit 5/16" hole - going 32nd higher would be 11/32" for an easy fit. Don't know about yours so agree with other responders best to measure or test fit.

In my experience, switch shafts of the type you describe are much bigger than pot shafts. Again, I measured the one I got from StewMac, and it fit in a 15/32" hole - 1/2" would be a 32nd bigger.

So, I don't think you can get away with 1 drill bit.

I use 500k audio pots for my volume and tone pots for humbuckers. Different people use different values. The members who hang out in the electronics section of this forum have probably addressed this before so you can search and I think you will find plenty.