Zr Tremolo, Please Help

i was going to use a zr trem a while back on an explorer i am building,but after looking into it the rout needs to be very precise and it scared me a bit,plus the trem itself is very expensive,so i ended up using the kahler 7300...which works muych the same way,but it mounts on top of the guitar with only a small rout just 1" deep...

i don't know if the 7300 is an option for you...but you might look at it

www.wammiusa.com

if not,check with scott at www.vwallguitars.com (i think that is right...it might be vwall.com)he can order the zr trem(he quoted me a price on one at that time)and he is very dependable

but from what i understand,the rout on the zr is completely different from the edge...

is this guitar one you are building from scratch or just modding?

i was going to use a zr trem a while back on an explorer i am building,but after looking into it the rout needs to be very precise and it scared me a bit,plus the trem itself is very expensive,so i ended up using the kahler 7300...which works muych the same way,but it mounts on top of the guitar with only a small rout just 1" deep...

i don't know if the 7300 is an option for you...but you might look at it

www.wammiusa.com

if not,check with scott at www.vwallguitars.com (i think that is right...it might be vwall.com)he can order the zr trem(he quoted me a price on one at that time)and he is very dependable

but from what i understand,the rout on the zr is completely different from the edge...

is this guitar one you are building from scratch or just modding?

i`m looking to build it from scratch

as far as i know,nobody sells templates for the zr yet...so you would have to make the templates yourself...

the kahler 7300 is much cheaper and easier to install...are you dead set on the zr?because if so i have absolutely no idea who could install it for you,unless maybe scott from vwall could...he routed me a fernandes sustainer into a soloist for me once and he did a nice job...but i think he might hesitate on the zr

• 2 months later...

i recomend checking out teh Kahler Trems. they offer a lot more than most otehr trems, in teh Style of floyd rose.

like individual saddle height, or moving them left or right. pretty much 6 way adjustments for each saddle.

plus, with the Kahler trems, you dont have to worry about balance screwing with your intonation.

and they come with Brass, Steel or aluminum saddles and Cams.

Is the ZR the only one of Ibanez's trems to have that Zero Point tension bar thing? Where it has extra springs and extra stops to bring it back to a middle spot?

(I think the Trem-king also has a variation of that)

Edited by P90

Thanks Westhemann!!

Yes, i can get you the ZR trem direct from Ibanez or I can order you a Kahler- (I just picked them up)

As for the route, i can take care of that as well, tho, i too will need to build a template.

Let me know if I can be of assistance.