Post Finishing Graphics

Drathian

I recently finished a three month long project. I was creating a telecaster thinline with a real nice flamed maple body. I high gloss clearcoated the body and satin finished the neck. I noticed that afterwards, the headstock looks a litle bare and I was wondering if there was an easy way to tack on a logo or something. I was looking for creating a small logo and applying it there, but I don't know of a way to do it without refinishing the whole thing. Can anyone give me some ideas on how to do it?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

I recently finished a three month long project. I was creating a telecaster thinline with a real nice flamed maple body. I high gloss clearcoated the body and satin finished the neck. I noticed that afterwards, the headstock looks a litle bare and I was wondering if there was an easy way to tack on a logo or something. I was looking for creating a small logo and applying it there, but I don't know of a way to do it without refinishing the whole thing. Can anyone give me some ideas on how to do it?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

If you have a paint mask created at a sign shop you could use a sign paint like one shot that does not need to be clearcoated and is meant to be on the surface. Model paint would prob work as well and be cheaper as you can buy less paint.

you can buy inkjet decal paper, I've used it very successfully for this to add the headstock logo & flower graphic. There's also a tutorial on the main PG site for using acetate...both ways will require clear coating over the top until level.

if you just want to put a sticker on it, vinyl will be the way to go. Design a logo & call some sign-writing companies for a quote. If you're able to create an .eps, .ai, .dxf or .cdr file you should be able to get it done for very little as it can be produced on a small, scrap piece & cut straight from the file...10mins max. If you can't create those files (or don't know how) but just want a simple typeface then they should be able to recreate it quite easily.