Awm630tx A/v Transmitter

Samuel McBrian-Brian

Hey hi everyone,

I searched the forum for AWM630TX but nothing came up, so maybe no one has noticed it before. The AWM630TX is a small 2.4 ghz A/V transmitter by some company called Airwave. They also make a receiver.

The transmitter and receiver are $19.95 and $29.95 respectively. That's AUS dollars, from Jaycar Electronics.

http://jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=QC3598

http://jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=QC3599

The pdf files that are linked on the bottom of those pages even show schematics for how to work it. And it runs of 5V DC.

Anyone intrigued? Thoughts on what kind of battery you'd use?

How much are the commercial wireless systems anyway?

Love From Samuel.

I'm asking myself how long the battery will have enough energy to transmit audio , if we must change the battery at each concert, it's not intersting ... And what about the fidelity ?

The fidelity? Well, its primary use is for the broadcast of video and two channel audio and uses the same frequency as the commercial wireless systems. If the audio channels aren't good enough for you, surely the video channel will be. I mean, its for DVD players and whatnot, surely that is some indication.

I can't tell you how long a battery would last, it would depend on what kind of battery. I cant get the pdf file working now but I can vaguely recall the chip requiring fifty something mA. 9v batteries are apparently around 500mAH and half that for rechargeable ones... I don't know if thats the right physics fundamentals, but mathematics says that seems like an ok amount of time. Perhaps I'll be able to work it out more precisely if I could get acrobat working.

these are not obviously finnished 'designed for guitar' items. You'd defenatly need some kind of pre-amp / impedance matching before the transmitter and will also need some sort of post-amp after the reciver to make sure the signal is suitable for guitar use. You could use them but you'd need to know what you're doing with the external circuity.

these are not obviously finnished 'designed for guitar' items. You'd defenatly need some kind of pre-amp / impedance matching before the transmitter and will also need some sort of post-amp after the reciver to make sure the signal is suitable for guitar use. You could use them but you'd need to know what you're doing with the external circuity.

Surely a guitar headphone amplifier would get it to the right levels pre-transmitter, and, as you can plug mp3 player line out (headphone) and such to amplifiers, it would be fine on the receiver end with a bit more gain?

Surely a guitar headphone amplifier would get it to the right levels pre-transmitter, and, as you can plug mp3 player line out (headphone) and such to amplifiers, it would be fine on the receiver end with a bit more gain?

Its not that simple. A guitar headphone amplifier might be a good starting place but I doubt it would be directly suitable. Some devices you can just plug into eachother but that's because they've been designed to pretty much a standard specification. Ever tried to plug a record player that has no pre-amp into a computer? or a guitar for that matter directly into an mic input? These don't work because they generally have differant input impedances and differant output levels.