Change Of Picture Posting Rules?

aidlook

Change of picture posting rules?  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

First of all I'd like to start of by thanking Brian for this awesome forum and source of information. Best luthiere forum on the net no doubts about it (of course that's my humble opinion).

But these picture posting rules are getting very old-fashioned and is a downside of this otherwise great community.

At some point it is inevitable that these rules must change, and I think it's about time to revise and update them. Technology moves forward at a rapid rate and the forum should try to keep up with it at some level. At the moment you can get 100/100 Mbit internet connections in my hometown and it is fairly common. I myself is at a 10/10 Mbit connection with a 10 Gb/day bandwidth. Here, this is nothing extraordinary at all. I understand that this is an international forum where standards are not the same all over the world. But broadband is widely available and common in most areas.

A 1 picture per post rule seems very silly in this day and age and is very likely to cause annoyance to a majority of the members. It also makes for a bigger workload for the mods to have to edit posts with multiple pictures (the mods on this board are doing an awesome job btw. and it's sad that they now also have to take care of the daily spam, wich in a better world shouldn't even be an issue).

Multiple pictures posts would be great and give a better instant overview of progress pictures. I mean, come on, honestly it is very annoying to have to click on multiple links and open multiple windows just to view some small pictures.

Of course there should be restrictions regarding both picture size and number of pictures in a post. But these rules definately needs a change IMO (and I don't think I'm alone on this subject).

I created this poll to see what other people think, and to try to spark a debate on what would be a better sulotion. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe people generally want to keep the old rules. But I think that we could make this forum even better by renewing things every once in a while.

The rules can remain or change...I will still drop by dayly to be inspired by the talent on this great board.

/thank you