P-megaswitch And Single Coil Splitting

MEtalhead_Ragz

Hi All,

I have a Megaswitch P-Model from StewMacDonald

[post=http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Components:_Switches_and_knobs/2/Megaswitches/Instructions/I-3530.html#details]http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Components:_Switches_and_knobs/2/Megaswitches/Instructions/I-3530.html#details

It gives all possible humbucking sounds but does not provide the option of single coil splitting.

Is there a way that this can be done with an additional DPDT switch or a PushPull Pot.

Please advise. I need to crack this.

Thanks in advance guys.

I have a Megaswitch P-Model.... It gives all possible humbucking sounds but does not provide the option of single coil splitting. Is there a way that this can be done with an additional DPDT switch or a PushPull Pot.

yes. draw a diagram using a DPDT to switch the series link for both bridge and neck to either hot or ground [depending on which coil of each humbucker you want on when that humbucker is coil cut]. this may give strange combinations or no sound at all in the middle 3 Megaswitch positions when the DPDT is on, but the neck-only and bridge-only positions 1 and 5 will be the coil-cut humbuckers.

if you were interested in using a 24-pole superswitch instead, you could wire in DPDT coil-cutting that would only affect positions 1 and 5, leaving the middle 3 positions unaltered. but that switch can be confusing unless you're pretty slick with wiring.

I couldn't figure out how to put it together on paper. Please help!!

ok. you know what the series link is, right? that's the two soldered-together colored wires from the humbucker, that are connecting the two humbucker coils together. you will want to solder those series link wires [for both neck and bridge humbuckers] to the proper terminals on the Megaswitch, following the Megaswitch instructions.

then, to set up your coil cutting with the DPDT switch, you will want to run a wire from each of those series links, on the Megaswitch, to one half or one "side" of your DPDT. you know how a DPDT works, right? each half or "side" is a separate 2-way switch. wire the DPDT so that one half of the DPDT connects the bridge series link to a wire going to ground, and so that the other half of the DPDT connects the neck series link to a wire going to ground.

so when you turn the DPDT switch on, it will connect both series links to ground. that means that in every Megaswitch position where the humbucker hot wires are connected to the output [every switch position where that humbucker is on], you will get the coil cut humbucker instead of the full humbucker.

Edited by scott from _actual time_