Varitone Rotary Switch Help.

wickerwolf

First of hi everyone :D

I purshased these the a few days ago and the arrived this morning.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l144/wickerwolf/9e_1.jpg

And was aiming to follow this guide http://alexplorer.net/guitar/mods/varitone.html

So heres what ive worked out on the switch so far

9e_1-1.jpg

Now going of that could someone more knowledgable please look over my working out and point out any errors/help out. Thanks.

Heres what i think it would be:

Main lug - To ground

Lug 1 to 5 - A cap on each 1 with 1 leg of the cap soldered to the kug and the other ends soldered together and then to the hot lug on the master volume.

Thanks. :D

Edited by wickerwolf

Hey all, after jotting down some ideas ive worked out how to use the above rotary switch to allow for 9 variations instead of 4. By adding in a SPDT or DPDT switch. At the moment the only capacitors ive got in stock are

So ill have to run some in parrallel to get the variations.

I could also do

0.200 and something else, but they would have to much bass in them to be of any use right?

Whats some recomended values to use that i can make using the stock i have?

The pic i posted in the 1st post i have now come up with this much so far

Lug 1 to 5 - A cap on each 1 with 1 leg of the cap soldered to the lug and teh other legs to ground. Then solder other value caps to lug 1 to 5 on the oposite side of the switch. Then the 2 main lugs go to the SPDT/DPTH switch which then allows me to switch between side 1 and side 2 of the rotary switch, allowing for the 9 variations. Does this all sound about right? How would i also make a way to bypass the rotary switch?

Edited by wickerwolf