Guitar Of The Month For April

Guitar of the month for April  

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

hi ! this argytar

sorry for the mix up with the pic links!! As mayden69 told me i ll post them here to the vote area so you can all see them...

here goes.. by the way the nickname of the guitar is also 'goldie'.thanks again hope this solves the problem!

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/8FsERjbIHGB-6...Ej/DSC01143.JPG

DSC01151.JPG

DSC01153.JPG

DSC01155.JPG

hope it s ok now. I think my pics are visible in my last reply.maybe you should delete the first one with the broken links or replace them with these ones (they were broken after i resized the pics) thanks!!

Scott: guitar is great as usual but personally i dont like the look of the black edges where they come onto the front of the guitar.

Brian D: the classical has some very nice embellishments that make it look really classy, its nice to have a sound sample to judge these things with but it always seemed to be busy for me :D so i didnt get chance to take a listen. You should really have sorted out the loose bits of string at either end before taking the photo's :D

RSguitar: very clean build and i love the double binding on the fretboard. The neck looks gorgeous

jvillavicencio: I cant see much, the pictures have a lot of shadows. I like the shape with the long horn but i had to look at the balck guitar on your website to see it!

J 48 Johnson: Very nice finish and i like what you have done with the horns on the back of the guitar. I think its let down by the overly large cavity cover, i cant see any reason for it to be that big! Still very nice for a first, certainly better than mine

argytar: Still cant see any pictures but i am not waiting to vote, it should be sorted by now!

ron steiger: I love it, the binding is great. I would love to see more photo's of the rest of the guitar and have some more details, but construction looks very clean and it gets my vote

Steiger's harp guitar got my vote. No doubt the most interesting gotm candidate in a long time. The craftsmanship looks top notch!

Sound samples maybe?

RSguitar got very close too, but I liked the look of the guitar alot more when it was in the finishing room. :D The pickup doesn't fit very well in the overall picture and the headstock looks weird (to me). Other than that, awesome guitar!

thanks,

i would appreciate it if someone should help ,so at least people can see the guitar and say an opinion. it is my first built and fourth guitar i own.

any ideas on where i could host the photos??

i have uploaded at a yahoo group named bootypest (from an exchange trip to budapest when i still was a med student now i m a doc)

anyway thanks again you guys mm'kay?

ron steiger- Nice. Something a little less common. Lots of hand made parts. Clean work. Complex non-standard build(mainly in the construction sense, as Ron still maintains tradition in most of the design) in many respects. Nice to see PG is really branching out in the acoustic instruments as well as the amaaaaazing electrics.

I am always amazed by how nice these instruments look. So many talented builders! Cheers to all of you :D

Peace,Rich

the pics of argytar's are now posted in the gotm thread for april

argytar.are you sure you have the terminology right for "neck through"?

that looks like a set neck from the one photo of the back

hi again! it sure is a neck through i sculpted the whole thing to look like this! the center part is visible in the photo of the rear. the middle part is dried out mahogany (really old) and i just painted it to look like the neck was set in, but no it s a neck through and i got the pics to prove it! :D)) but where should i upload them???

maybe i should have just applied a clear coat but i wanted a gold top , this is my first build and the guitar is a present from me to myself, the band i play in is very happy with the sound by the way!

That's a shame that the pics came in so late, cause that's quite a nice build! Still would have voted for Ron due to the pink ivory and total out-of-the-box build, but the goldtop would have truly made me think a good deal longer. I'm truly impressed.

Chris

PS: Why did the GOTM end so friggin' soon this month? Or am I just for some reason remembering it ending later usually. Either way, you ended it like 2-3 days too soon for me to enter :D Oh well, GOTM may here I come (which is also my b-day month, so it'll be fun).

Edited by verhoevenc

hi all!

verhoevenk thanks for the good words, I really appreciate it! I just came from a ski trip and I m very pleased that some people have liked my project ,thank you all so much!!! and of course congrats to the winners!!