What Type Of Neck Through?

Hey Guys, I need a little bit of help identifying this type of neck through joint.

http://www.ibanezregister.com/images/image...ez_0189_400.jpg

I want to get that kind of neck through joint on my new custom. I was just wondering what the correct name for that type of joint is. Would it be called a heel-less neck through joint or would be it be called something like an ultra access neck through joint or perhaps something else?

Btw, what does heel-less mean? I’ve heard it been used around, but i'm not entirely sure what it means.

Anyways, sorry for the n00bish questions.

I would totally appreciate any help given. Thanks a lot peeps

User01

Hey Guys, I need a little bit of help identifying this type of neck through joint.

http://www.ibanezregister.com/images/image...ez_0189_400.jpg

I want to get that kind of neck through joint on my new custom. I was just wondering what the correct name for that type of joint is. Would it be called a heel-less neck through joint or would be it be called something like an ultra access neck through joint or perhaps something else?

Btw, what does heel-less mean? I’ve heard it been used around, but i'm not entirely sure what it means.

Anyways, sorry for the n00bish questions.

I would totally appreciate any help given. Thanks a lot peeps

User01

really thats just a standard neck-thru construction with a particularly low neck to body transition, I dont think that itis any particular design

it is quite a nice transition...but fairly standard.

it looks quite nice,but in truth there is no reason to take it back that far...your hand will hit the cutout before your palm hits the heel...ideally you should palm the heel at the same time you reach the upper frets

Oh right, ok, thanks alot for your help.

Btw, does any one know what heel-less means? Ive heard quite a few people refer to heel-less neck joints and what not and i would just like to know what that means. Can any one tell me what it means/is and can you give me an example or a picture?

thanks alot

Oh right, ok, thanks alot for your help.

Btw, does any one know what heel-less means? Ive heard quite a few people refer to heel-less neck joints and what not and i would just like to know what that means. Can any one tell me what it means/is and can you give me an example or a picture?

thanks alot

The heel is that big blocky part of the guitar where the neck and body meet. The guitar you linked to is heel-less because of the giant, smooth carve at the neck/body join. Your hand can wrap around and get to the high frets easily on those.