White Waterslide Decal

hi

does anyone know how to print a WHITE waterslide decal.

ive been told that the only printer which can print white is an alps printer.

ive also tried to locate a store on the net which might print the decal for me.. but the only place i found which can do it wants sheets of 100 which is alot.

-dom

hi

does anyone know how to print a WHITE waterslide decal.

ive been told that the only printer which can print white is an alps printer.

ive also tried to locate a store on the net which might print the decal for me.. but the only place i found which can do it wants sheets of 100 which is alot.

-dom

You can have a viynl shop cut a paint mask and spray the decal with paint. Using a airbrush it will be thinner than a decal. Alps printers are getting prett rare but many sign shops have Gerber Edge printers that can print white on decal material. Look for Cycle Art on the web, he hasa Alps and makes repro water slide decals for bicycles. You may be able to have them make you some.

Hobby shops carry clear and white printable waterslide decals. By white I mean the actual waterslide material is white. so it's a non issue being able to print white.

Edited by GuitarGuy

I am in the process of trying to purchase a Alps 5000 printer. This thisng can print gold and silver foil or any other color including white and metallic colors. The cool thing is it can print the white and then print colors over the white. This allows water slides to be used on a dark background. If I can find a Alps in good condition at a decent price I may be able to offer some decal services. The printers are no longer made or supported by Alps.