Cheap inexpensive wood for bodies?

dried,planed,and one edge is usually run through a joiner...but you still usually have to do some more work to it....and you have to dig through piles of it to get what you want

yup.... what wes said... usualy only 20$-30, or 80$ including the neck and FB, and they can usualy clean the wood up for you..

paxton wood products...it's on industrial blvd. near ben white.

they have alder,basswood,maple,walnut,prpleheart,ebony,koa,ziracote,bocote,etc.......

just set aside a couple of hours to wade through it all.they have some great maple for necks right by the door too.but don't bother asking them any questions about instuments...all they know is wood

and the good thing is their 2" stock is actually around 1 3/4"...perfect for bodies

wait a minute...did someone say balsa? i hope to god you don't mean that...i make that stuff fly by picking up a piece and holding it over a fan for god's sake. it broke a glider i made by landing on a waterbed...

might make an interesting wing wood for neck thru,s but you'd need a solid top and bottom

on a side note, balsa isn't the cheapest stuff around.... localy for me, it's twice as much as ash, poplar, (alder but the don't carry it), and almost as much as mahogany, but softer then some foams... this stuff is seriously mega light and soft....