About Charvel

Today charvel only do Van halen styled stratos

and missed all others cool Charvels existed on 80's , screw you fender !

i was going request Luthier do an Charvel Jake E. Lee strato for me

Questions .......

Where i Found Messures ???

What Body Expessure its use ??? in mm

What is the profile neck ? 16 Radious ??? Nut mm ???

Where i can Found an Template for body and neck ?

Tips for do Burst Ring Paint ??? and What colour they used ??? Cobalt blue ???

its an Custom shop , self Maded By charvel wayne , i think

1983 strato

Pictures :

jakeeleebz3.jpg

normal_OUCL_Tony_Rizzo_2646-2.jpg

normal_OUCL_Burrn1987-01_pg006.jpg

normal_OUCM_Clipping_026.jpg

normal_OUCL_Circus_1986-08_pg057.jpg

sorry my inglish

i am brasilian :D

I had always thought of that blue one as being one of his backup guitars. You don't see many trying to copy the specs of that guitar. They are more interested in his main white one, which was actually a 70's heavy northern ash Fender, with the big goofy headstock cut down to normal shape. It was a sunburst strat. When sprayed white, they also sprayed the reshaped headstock white, then stuck a Charvel decal on it (since the rework was done at Charvel). His candy apple red one with a chrome guard was probably the coolest looking, but was also more of a backup guitar.

I'm pretty sure the blue one had a heavy brass bridge.

I had always thought of that blue one as being one of his backup guitars. You don't see many trying to copy the specs of that guitar. They are more interested in his main white one, which was actually a 70's heavy northern ash Fender, with the big goofy headstock cut down to normal shape. It was a sunburst strat. When sprayed white, they also sprayed the reshaped headstock white, then stuck a Charvel decal on it (since the rework was done at Charvel). His candy apple red one with a chrome guard was probably the coolest looking, but was also more of a backup guitar.

I'm pretty sure the blue one had a heavy brass bridge.

hardtail ,thats bridge

gonna use that

0179_1lg.jpg

White one looks Iron maiden / evh .... like more Super Strat lookie of the blueish one

Have you asked about this guitar on the Jake E Lee website ? (I was once a member of it, LOL)

Have to warn you, it will be a long drawn-out process trying to get all the details. We once had a 3 page thread just about the pickup in the white guitar.

ummmmm , no i real like the bluish more :D

an i want an charvel like one , different Radius neck , profile ....

the white like you say , its strato modded

i am not full member at jake e lee website , so i cant check all :D

If you're after a dead-on repro of his blue one, you'll be a little off with that bridge you posted the pic of. On the bridge of his blue guitar, the bridge mounting screws are under the saddles, not on the corners. You'd be smart not to try to do a dead-on repro. In that case, it shouldn't be that hard to find a similar rear-rout body on ebay, or somewhere. If you must have the single-coils slanted, you could buy a single bridge bucker rear-route body, and have the two singles custom routed on a slant.

If you're going to have a luthier build it for you, why not simply contact Wayne Charvel? He can probably give you the specs or just go ahead and build it for you if you want. Or you can have the Fender/Charvel Custom Shop do it for you, too. Just all depends on how much cash you're willing to spend.

I'm a big Jake fan. First, are your hands really small? His are, and the neck on the white modded Fender (and presumably on his signature models) is small also. It was a small neck with a narrow nut to begin with, and he had Charvel shave the back of the neck down some. Also, one unique thing about his guitars was two kinds of frets (not sure of brand or specs) -- but basically jumbo on 1-12, and smaller 12-on.

Thanks all replyes

and again sorry my inglish

About do an Waynel charvel self , no doubt i do , but i at brasil and its impossible :D

and if write to him , i think dont gonna reply B)

About the hardtail bridge from jake e lee , original one , dont found them :D

my hands are medium size , i love thin necks , like old fenders 24" , ibanez Wizzard / wizzard 2 , Jackson

Edited by iCEByTes