What Kind Of Wood Is This?

I had the time to finish thicknessing the rest of the fingerboards, although 1 isn't long enough to be used as a fingerboard. While thicknessing them to take the awful bandsaw lines out of the wood, white spots started popping out. No spots spots happend on the last first 2 boards, so I'm not too sure what they are. If you can't see them, try turning up your monitor brightness / contrast to take a quick peek (if you don't mind).

Will they disappear with finer sanding? They aren't mine, so I wont be doing to any final sanding to these.

What caused the spots? If they wont disappear with sanding, what can I suggest to do to get rid of them? Once again, these spots are in the wood. I did not drop anything on the board to cause this, they popped out as I was thicknessing them on my drum sander.

FingerboardWoods10.jpg

• 3 months later...
Regarding the Limba, I'm sure it will sound cool. The acoustic will either be my first build guided by a luthier or just a distant future build when I get more acoustic builds under my belt. I don't have any close-up shots of the wood, but I have cut it down to about 30-34" x 9" x 3/4". It's already been air-drying for about a year, around 6-8% moisture content.

Mikro let me use his bandsaw today to open this piece of wood since I can only resaw 6". Thanks Mike! Here it is after being thickness sanded to 60 grit. Measurements are listed in my above quote, although now it's about 1/4" thickness.

Limba%201.JPG

Edited by Jon