Wher Are All The 8 Strings And The Likes At?

Where are all the 8 strings at ive read about them so much but the topics slowly fade out I know there was a lot people out there wanting to make em but whatever happen I hope im not coming across badly but where are they ? As for me I finally got my parts in from kahler ( the locking nut ) so as soon as my carbon fibers and fret board come in from lmii im going to start working I know **** happens so what happen to all of the 8s ?

Plus what do the majority of this forum think of the whole extended range instrument topic like 8-9 10 excreta excreta guitar /bass

If your making an 8 string or some extended rage monster why

what made u want to make one I know everyone who asks me why think its because of mushuga its not I play heavy too but my 8 is not because of them I wanted a thinner string that my baritone 6 couldn’t give me what an 8 has (thinner strings) my 6 was in low F or low G I want to make a 10 or 9 at low c after my 8 because I think it will be fun as hell to play solos for once in thinner strings and still have humugas chords hell yeah

but mainly my reason for building one again is my father took and bashed my old one for a noble reason I think

Any responds out there ?

p.s

i think the only one ive seen is the lgms and one made by Canuck Brian those 8 were awsome

well peace out

there are alot of 8 strings being built in the "progress section",plus i am considering an 8 string explorer style soon.plus these topics have been discussed quite a bit...i guess you were just elsewhere at that time.

i built an auto parts store in edinburg a few years ago...ya'll have a good asian restaurant down by campus...the waitress was extremely cute as well.

Im building 2 8-strings right now

27 3/4" scale purpleheart and black walnut

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d177/dea...ar/IMG_1312.jpg

27 1/2" scale Black walnut Tyrant explorer

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d177/dea...ar/IMG_1147.jpg

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

there are alot of 8 strings being built in the "progress section",plus i am considering an 8 string explorer style soon.plus these topics have been discussed quite a bit...i guess you were just elsewhere at that time.

i built an auto parts store in edinburg a few years ago...ya'll have a good asian restaurant down by campus...the waitress was extremely cute as well.

you live in Texas?? witch auto shop was it? that ur talking about cool beans means u live near by Asian restaurant musta been a long time ago they barely put up a new Chinese eat out up front of pan-am man unless u mean that old ass restaurant near the courthouse where do you live around here ? McAllen ??

anyways yeah i know there are allot of them are being built but has any of them been done ive only seen lgms and Canuck Brians 8 done and finished

an explorer style 8 that would be insane but wouldn’t the body look awkward with that big of a neck? what kind of pups u going to use can you show me some of these topics i did a search and not much came up same with the 8s

Edited by somn

i like the purple heart one alot what inspired you to make em ? almost done?

Ya the Purpleheart one Is my FAV right now, I just Love Working with purpleheart and I have been trying to build one for awhile now but I never really got around to it. Than I moved and lost my shop so nothing really happend But Im in a new shop now and Ive been seeing So much on 8-strings that I just had to finish a few.

As far as almost done Im waiting on a few parts but once there i can really get moveing

what made u want to make one I know everyone who asks me why think its because of mushuga its not I play heavy too but my 8 is not because of them I wanted a thinner string that my baritone 6 couldn’t give me what an 8 has (thinner strings) my 6 was in low F or low G I want to make a 10 or 9 at low c after my 8 because I think it will be fun as hell to play solos for once in thinner strings and still have humugas chords hell yeah

good question any answers??

i like the purple heart one alot what inspired you to make em ? almost done?

Ya the Purpleheart one Is my FAV right now, I just Love Working with purpleheart and I have been trying to build one for awhile now but I never really got around to it. Than I moved and lost my shop so nothing really happend But Im in a new shop now and Ive been seeing So much on 8-strings that I just had to finish a few.

As far as almost done Im waiting on a few parts but once there i can really get moveing

cool i cant wait to see it in all its glory shake the earth with it man cus when im done with mine i plane to move the continents lol :D

no,i don't live anywhere near you.i live in central texas but i travel a little bit for work.

the auto parts store was about 3? years ago...i was only there for a few days...the restaurant was right across from the college,in a tiny litlle shopping center.the building was pretty old,but i have no idea if the restaurant is still there.

i also worked on the Dillards in that mall in Mcallen about 8 or 10 years ago or so.

dude,on another topic,i can't understand your posts very well.the words are too small and the lack of punctuation is killing me...

good question any answers??

look,i don't want to be a jerk about this,but until the typing is cleared up between you new guys,most of us don't even know what the question is,and i doubt anyone with any real knowledge is going to bother wading through all of that.

Here's my 9 string fretless bass in progress. It's got an 18mm spacing at the bridge, pretty large for an ERB. That Ebony fingerboard is 6 inches wide. :D

Why did I build it? Because my customer asked me :D

I do think these basses are cool though. I probably would've built myself one for the kicks if I didn't have to build this one.

The neck next to the 9 string neck is a 5 string bass neck, just to show the difference in size.

th_Picture161-2.jpgth_Picture152.jpgth_Picture149.jpgth_Picture073.jpg

look,i don't want to be a jerk about this,but until the typing is cleared up between you new guys,most of us don't even know what the question is,and i doubt anyone with any real knowledge is going to bother wading through all of that.

umm i kinda put the question in a quote above.......why did they want to make an 8 string??

umm i kinda put the question in a quote above.......why did they want to make an 8 string??

Simplified, what you wrote is not clear, nor is what you quoted very clear.

What got me into extended range? I prefer the feel and techniques of bass and go about bass as a musician, rather than a strict bass perspective (more range!). Here are some basses I am working on as time permits.

th_6string43.jpgth_6string46.jpgth_8string38.jpgth_fretless1.jpgth_fretless3.jpg

Click to enlarge!

What got me into extended range? I prefer the feel and techniques of bass and go about bass as a musician, rather than a strict bass perspective (more range!). I quickly jumped to a 5-string after I started playing bass, then to a 6-string about 2 years ago. I'm now working on my own custom basses to further my range.

What types of music? All types of genres, rock, blues, jazz, metal. Any technique you've ever heard of I've applied or attempted to apply to bass. I primarily use fingerstyle, slap, tapping, and sweeping.

Edited by Jon

dude,on another topic,i can't understand your posts very well.the words are too small and the lack of punctuation is killing me...

geez what’s up with this I could believe you if you don’t want to be a jerk but what does my typing got to do with it for crying out loud I run everything threw word for misspell checks as for people not understanding I got some answers to what I asked

so some people understood me some how as far as im concern the type is clear between the "new guys"

I got answers to my questions so that means someone understood as far as anyone with real knowledge not bothering to wad through the whole thing is fine to me my question was for those who were working on some type of extended range instrument also if you had to tell me its all been said before show me where I can find it so maybe I don’t have to ask again cus I already did a search on it and nothing came up but question on how to build these 8s or that there building one but the topic ends with no result that search is my main reason for asking this overly asked question ahhh I feel so retarded even arguing this if something bothered you about this topic (like my typing or writing or whatever ) why bother leaving a comment on it I know I probably repeated my self or typed wrong or left something out but oh well ill probably be told about it later geez

I want to thank anyone who’s replied to my question its enlightening to me

Edited by somn

wellhelldudeifyouruneverythingthrewwordasyousaytheniguesstheresnoproblemwithwhatyouretyping

heckwhileyoureatityoumightjustaswellleaveoutallthespacestoobloodywasteoffingerenergyifyouaskme

whatsnextleavingoutallthevowels

I run everything threw word

:D:DB)

Edited by erikbojerik

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...22201&st=15

read the guidelines.you are trying my patience.believe me,i am being as polite about this as i can,but there is too much of this going on right now,and i WILL make it so the rules and guidlines are followed.

would you like me to respond to your sarcasm and fit pitching with my own?because i assure you i am quite good at it.

on a different note any more answers i'm interested???

Unfortunately, the answer to the original question applies not just to 8-stringers. The vast majority of people on this board never start a guitar, or maybe get to the stage of bandsawing out the body and drop it there when the real work is staring them in the face.