What´s is PHOTO FLAME?

Kurt76

Hi to All!!! :D

I see in Ebay this concept "PHOTO FLAME" B) . It´s a picture of maple, then glued over the front body? or wrong :D ? or is a 1 or 0,5 mm maple venner :D ?... Some know this concept? It´s Strange finish... Well Thank you, see you guys!!! :D

Thanks Drak... i think so, just is a strange finish... This question its about an older Epiphone Les Paul that i have. Some of your know if the Epiphone Les Paul Standard have PHOTO FLAME finish or is a Real FLAME MAPLE top? Thanks you!!!, See you!!! :D

Guest AlexVDL

Kurt, its like you said a transparant picture (thin film) of a piece flamed wood. It it applied (vacuum) over the original wood on the guitar, so it looks like it's flamed. From a distance it's cool, but upclose you can see it's faux.

Yeah, man. This thing sucks big time. It's a piece of paper (or something) with a graphic of a nice wood applied with a vacuum press as AlexVDL said. My Jackson AT-X had this kind of finish, purple-ish one. Fernandes used to make this "photorealistic" finishes on their guitars, I don't know if the do now. I think they still do :D . the bottom one.

mullmuzzler | OSSMT