Soundat11: Going Out Of Business Sale

SoundAt11

Thanks, guys, I've really enjoyed people able to help fellow builders out and get to see the progress on the actual projects or hear how happy they are with the "product" (ie the wood, my packing, and my service). It's very fun and rewarding and I've been blessed virtually all nice and appreciative customers that are always nice to me. I always enjoy seeing repeat customers and I know I've sent several packages to all 3 of you....I start remembering user names and real names after a while.

Alas, it's not particularly profitable as a full-time job, there's only so many potential customers in a limited market.

The markup may look high, but by the time I got done doing my taxes this year, I only made about 1/5 of what I actually took in, so 4/5 of the costs get eaten up by Ebay fees, PayPal fees, equipment fees, packing supplies, wasted wood, unusable wood, then Uncle Sam takes his cut.

That and it can be dangerous and hazardous to the health (I take a lot of precautions, though), but there's always those times when a piece of wood jams in a saw and your hands get too close to the blade. Plus the continued exposure to sawdust and woods that you may become allergic to (Cocobolo is my nemesis).

So, I'm looking for a real job in an office (yikes!), but I enjoyed my year and half of freedom and fun and wish I could keep spending my days cutting up cool wood or surfing the 'net :D

Edited by SoundAt11

>snip<< Plus the continued exposure to sawdust and woods that you may become allergic to (Cocobolo is my nemesis).

So, >snip< :D

Man do I understand the cocobola thing.

Sorry to here your going to quit the biz but I understand. Me ,I'm just getting ready to ramp up, since I now know what I can and can't do within my disablilty payments so making a few extra dollars and not worrying about it being the main income wilL help. As well as being a help to others as well lol:)))

MK

jer7440 and Matt,

I wish, I've got some white and black Limba neck strips to list, but that's it. You won't go wrong with Limba, though, that stuff is great to work with. I've finally run out of the 500 board feet of it that I bought a year ago; at the time, it looked like I was building an all-limba house, I had so much.

I usually refer people to Gilmer Hardwoods when I don't have what they need.

Hey Rich,

Thanks for the advice early on :-)

Hey MK and Jon,

I'm not too far from Dallas, so I might PM you some time to see where the good places to buy wood are.

Hi Paul,

The UPS man should be bringing you a present tomorrow :-)

>snip<

Hey MK and Jon,

I'm not too far from Dallas, so I might PM you some time to see where the good places to buy wood are.

>snip<

No problem. let me know through PM and i'll set you up with my contacts. Pay cash and get my discount , (if applicable, getting harder to get those)) through my company LOL:))

MK

Soundat11...what do those limba neck strips look like? I was kind of thinking about a laminated neck anyway....

Check his ebay store, I noticed last night several black limba strips posted on there. If it wasn't for the fact my next project is going ot be a neck-thru bass I probably would have picked them up.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Tom, guys, still trying to clear out all of the wood I've got stashed away.

I'm going to run a 10% off sale during the weekend, also, just need to figure out when (surprise)

I've got a TON of strips listed this week: Mahogany, Limba, Walnut, Padouk, Zebrawood, and Wenge.

Along with some Canarywood and Bloodwood. Anigre and Ash veneer (and Bubinga later today).

I hope to have a bunch of Maple strips listed this weekend, just need to plane them first and go through the whole measure, weigh, photograph, edit, list process.

If anyone wants to buy several strips and would like me to glue it up into a ready-to-use laminate neck blank; I can (it'll cost extra, so ask me for a quote on that).

http://www.soundat11.com

Will

Edited by SoundAt11

• 1 month later...