Guitar Of The Month For June

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded to a Featured member which allows you to see the Advanced Chat section and download area.

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till sometime around the 24th of May then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There may be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

Please Give Your Guitar a Name or Nick Name :D

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you, or ask forum members how to post pictures, they are very helpful.

I would like to submit my guitar for the May guitar of the month contest. This is the second guitar I have built. I'm a wood sculptor who happens to love guitars. I have wanted to do this for a long time so, glad to finally get it done. As far as components, nothing exceptional. I do like this no-name headless trem and would like to find more. Even though it's fully functional I made this guitar as an art piece. I would like to see a collector get this thing and display it and maybe play it occasionally. I named it "Mythical Dream Guitar" It was actually inspired by a dream. I live in Alaska and am fascinated with NorthWest Native art. The carving is a stylized Haida design. Although it looks like they are eating each other, this typically represents the sharing of spirits or the ability to change shape.

Eric Larson

crop.jpg

crop2.jpg

crop3.jpg

OK this is my first build so I may as well have a shot at GOTM

so thanks every one for your help and advice

its made of walnut with a wenge core maple back and strips

the pickups are EMG DC-35

i ways in at 4kg which is 8.8lbs for the US folk

although i bought the neck this was my first atempt at a build and ill be hopfully getting some sounds clips up

ohh i forgot a name for it I'll call it timberlan after the headstock logo i never put on it :D

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg

Edited by tim_ado

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again,

its been a while since I posted my last guitar. I recently had a little of free time, then I decided to finish two of my guitars that I started a while ago. Her is a first one called a RED DEVIL.

Guitar is totaly custom made, body from 20 years old walnut, neck from maple, all the electronics is taken from ARIA PRO guitar. The guitar has a TRS 102 FR licensed tremolo. Guiiatr has a transparent red finish and there is a poliurethan lacquer on the top. Guitar has a very reach, strong and full ton, with full od sustain.There is option to play heavy metal and other tipes of music as well, because of all the seting options with 5-way switch and volume and tone control knob.

Guitar is in use by my sister`s son. His is playing in a rock band. Hera are some pictures, and I hope you`ll like it.

KIT_2_3_3_3_1.jpg

KIT_2_4_4_3_1.jpg

KIT_2_2_2_3_1.jpg

KIT_2_1_1_3_1.jpg

Hi

her is my third build called THE NAME OD THE ROSE.

Guitar is totaly custom made with body made from walnut and maple rose. Neck is made from maple wiht double action thruss rod and medium tipe frets. Guitar has a FR licensed tremolo, 5-way switch, tone and volume control knob and of course three pickups H-S-H. Bridge humbucker is DiMarzio, single coil is a Strat single and neck pickup is Schaller humbucker. This diversity of pickups is a good way to produce a variety of different sounds. Bridge H has a very strong and sharp tone and combined with a walnut body is a way to get a nice sharp tone with a lot of sustain for hard roch and heavy metal. Combination of a bridge H and a middle S gets you a very clean, a litle sharp tone for clean guitar, neck H gives you a fuzzy blured sound for jazz or similar music.

These guitar is intended to be mine, but since when I presented it to my friend I think its gonna end up in some local band playing a hard music.

Hopa you like it and regards for you all.

KIT_3_8_12_3_1.jpg

KIT_3_7_11_3_1.jpg

KIT_3_6_10_3_1.jpg

KIT_3_5_9_2_1.jpg

KIT_3_3_7_3_1.jpg

KIT_3_2_6_3_1.jpg

KIT_3_1_5_3_1.jpg

KIT_3_4_8_3_1.jpg

Edited by jabi

Hi. I recently completed my first guitar and I would like it to be considered in the Guitar of the Month Contest.

The guitar was made entirely from scratch and it is completely custom. For a nickname, I guess I'll call it "Mean Green"

::EDIT::

Some people have requested to see pictures of the building process. You can follow my link if you want to see them:

http://users.wpi.edu/~nicholsb/sisp.htm

Or check out my mentor's site to see what kind of luthier I learned so much from:

http://www.sanzoneguitarandmandolin.com/Sa...in/Welcome.html

::::

Specs:

Body- Figured Mahogany, Quilted maple top, flamed maple binding with blk/wht/blk purfling

Neck- Figured Mahogany, Set-In

Fretboard- Brazilian rosewood, 24 frets, custom inlays, flamed maple binding with blk/wht/blk purfling

Headstock- Flamed maple veneer, flamed maple binding and blk/wht/blk purfling

Electronics- Seymour Duncan JB and '59 pickups, 5-way megaswitch, 2 tones, 1 volume

guitar%20final.jpg

headstock%20final.jpg

back%20headstock.jpg

Desktop.jpg

Edited by BNichols

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have to call this built 'Priest Tribute' as it is based on Glenn Tipton's GT Custom Hamer circa 1986, if you've ever seen the truely awful promo video for 'Turbo Lover' you'll know exactly which guitar.

The headstock is based on a pointy ESP, and the MOP inlayed logo is my initials CJW and not LTD as my friend pointed out they looked like.

This guitar has been in build since Aug 05, mainly based on the fact my workshop is a spare bedroom in 3rd storey city centre flat, which also served as a guest room. I am pleased the way it has turned out and I have managed to get a good setup on it to facilitate shredding. I have also posted a link to a short video clip to demostrate it's playability (although the sound is poor as it is coming through the mic on my webcam). But pumped through my Marshall it has great tone and sustain.

The specs are;

1 piece rock maple thru-neck (42mm at nut 60mm at 24th fret) thin profile reinforced with CF, scale length 25.5"

Body - alder

Picks EMG81 -bridge) EMG85 -neck with an Afterburner switch

Tonepros locking bridge

Fibre-optic side fret markers

12" radius bound ebony fretboard with MOP inlay

MOP Judas Priest Logo inlayed into ebony trussrod cover

Thanks,

Chris

PT1.jpg

PT2.jpg

PT3.jpg

PT4.jpg