Prs Style Guitar

ctelep

Hey there, I'm a long time browser, first time poster.

-----------------------

I have just completed full construction and sanding of a bolt on PRS style guitar. I spent a good deal of money on nice flamed maple, and a good deal of time whittling it into a good looking guitar.

Now I'm hoping someone can critique my finishing schedule...

1. Mask entire guitar with exception to maple faux binding to be. I'll spray 4 sealer coats, and wait a while before removing the masking.

2. Use Stewmac waterbase colortone grain filler to fill all mahogany, until sanded and uniform. Neck and body (still separate).

3. Use Stewmac Dye (diluted in alcohol) and hand apply color directly to unsealed, un- filled maple cap.

4. Seal entire guitar guitar with Stewmac rattle can sanding sealer. 4-6coats, 2-3 per day. Allow 1 week to cure.

5. Finish guitar with Stewmac rattle can lacquer. 2-3 coats per day, sanding after 8 coats are on. Total of 10 coats?

6. Sand and wet sand.

7. Buff with medium Stewmac compound

8. Buff with fine Stewmac compound

9. Assemble, and get action set.

10. Play loudly.

---------------------------

Am I missing any critical steps, or overlooking any significan points of interest? I'm especially interested in the spray can schedule. How many coats per day, how long in between spraying, and also when to (and not to) sand.

Thanks a million, hopefully I'm on the right track.

Cheer <clink>

Charles

Edited by ctelep

1. Mask entire guitar with exception to maple faux binding to be. I'll spray 4 sealer coats, and wait a while before removing the masking.

2. Post pics

3. Use Stewmac waterbase colortone grain filler to fill all mahogany, until sanded and uniform. Neck and body (still separate).

4. Post pics

5. Use Stewmac Dye (diluted in alcohol) and hand apply color directly to unsealed, un- filled maple cap.

6. Post pics

7. Seal entire guitar guitar with Stewmac rattle can sanding sealer. 4-6coats, 2-3 per day. Allow 1 week to cure.

8. Post pics

9. Finish guitar with Stewmac rattle can lacquer. 2-3 coats per day, sanding after 8 coats are on. Total of 10 coats?

10. Post pics

11. Sand and wet sand.

12. Post pics

13. Buff with medium Stewmac compound

14. Post pics

15. Buff with fine Stewmac compound

16. Post pics

17. Assemble, and get action set.

18. Post pics

19. Play loudly.

20. Post pics

Fixed that for you :D