Photoshop, Anyone?

I'm working a Tonemaster guitar, and I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to 'shop up a preview for me. It's going to be basically the same as this guitar, except with black Telecaster pickups and a fire engine red top. I don't know much about Photoshop, but I would assume this is pretty trivial for someone that's good at it. I'm working on templates right now, so while the hardware and electronics are pretty much set, the cosmetics are still up for grabs. So if anyone has a comments/ideas/criticisms, I'd love to hear them.

FYI: This is going to be a semi-hollow, and I'm shooting for Danelectro-style construction (if I can find HPL in the right colors, that is). Bridge will be a strat-style hardtail, as pictured, and the headstock is a pretty standard looking 3+3 arrangement.

ooh, that's nice!

y'know what...I've been sat in front of my work PC all afternoon with nothing to do, we've been waiting for clients to get back with comments. Unfortunately (well, not for me) we've just been allowed to go home early otherwise I'd knock something up...but the sun's shining, there's a beer in the fridge & I've got a big ol' lump of rosewood that needs planing so sorry, I'm going home :D

I had a try at changing the body colour... I'm nothing like an expert at photoshop.

Its far from perfect, but I think it looks ok~ish.

Maybe someone else could have a go at the pickups?

redhi3.jpg

red2.jpg

Got bored, had another go :D

I guessed this is what you were describing?

Hey, lookin' good. I was wondering whether the big rout for the tele bridge pickup would spoil the look, but I think it's fine. Would it be too much trouble to ask for a matching headstock? What do you think about it? Does it need a pickguard to provide some contrast? I like it as-is, but like I said before, I'm interested in a discussing ideas.

Hey, lookin' good. I was wondering whether the big rout for the tele bridge pickup would spoil the look, but I think it's fine. Would it be too much trouble to ask for a matching headstock? What do you think about it? Does it need a pickguard to provide some contrast? I like it as-is, but like I said before, I'm interested in a discussing ideas.

I think a pickguard would be great with a solid color. Right now it looks too plain in my eyes. But Perhaps something simple alá Les Paul junior or something

Here's my quick take on it. Don't know about the pickguard, let me know if there's anything specific you're looking for.

First Attempt

Edit: Here's another try

http://mpatton.org/Images/guitarshop2.jpg

ooh, nice rendering!

I'm still not completely sold on the pickguard, though. What would it look like with no pickuard and standard Tele routs? I think I'll probably build it that way to start with, then see about a pickguard later. Also, I think I'm going to drop the f-hole, but leave the option to add it later if I want.

Here's my quick take on it. Don't know about the pickguard, let me know if there's anything specific you're looking for.

First Attempt

Edit: Here's another try

guitarshop2.jpg

Wow!!!

That is GORGEOUS!!!!!!

I think i may make something like that next time i start up an electric, only with double or triple humbuckers with a floyd rose too

MMMMMMMM that's good stuff!

ooh, nice rendering!

I'm still not completely sold on the pickguard, though. What would it look like with no pickuard and standard Tele routs? I think I'll probably build it that way to start with, then see about a pickguard later. Also, I think I'm going to drop the f-hole, but leave the option to add it later if I want.

Is this more like what you're thinking?

guitarshop3.jpg

ooh, nice rendering!

Is this more like what you're thinking?

http://mpatton.org/Images/guitarshop3.jpg

Pretty close, but I was wanting to see what it would look like with a Strat-style bridge and the bridge pickup exposed, like in Ben's rendering above. Also, would it be possible to go back to the open coil neck pickup as in the last image? Would it be too much work to use this neck instead of the Les Paul neck?

By the way -- I really appreciate you doing these renderings. Feel free to cut me off at any time if you're getting bored.

Pretty close, but I was wanting to see what it would look like with a Strat-style bridge and the bridge pickup exposed, like in Ben's rendering above. Also, would it be possible to go back to the open coil neck pickup as in the last image? Would it be too much work to use this neck instead of the Les Paul neck?

By the way -- I really appreciate you doing these renderings. Feel free to cut me off at any time if you're getting bored.

No problem, glad to help out. Hopefully I got it right this time :D

guitarshop4.jpg

No problem, glad to help out. Hopefully I got it right this time :D

http://mpatton.org/Images/guitarshop4.jpg

Wow. That's pretty much exactly what I was picturing. I think that's going to be my design goal. What do you think about it? I'd love to hear some more comments.

EDIT, 7/30/07: This guitar is being built! http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=31241

Edited by fookgub