Thin Neck ?

Hello,

This is my first message here :D

I own 2 Fender and I've always wanted to build my own one for fun and to save money. For my first guitar I'd like to keep it simple for a start by having simple electronics and purchase a pre-built bolts rosewood neck.

I love the Fender Custom FMT I have fmt_reward.jpg because it's so light and has a thin super fast neck so I want to build one fairly similar. The neck is quite similar to the Gibson SG neck.

So my question is: where can I find a THIN pre-built telecaster shaped neck ? Is it OK if I get a normal one and plane it to make it thinner or not ?

Are the mighty mite telecaster or the ones on allparts.com necks good value ? I'd love some suggestions on good pre-built necks.

No worries if my first guitar is a success, no doubt I will build the second one 100% :D

Cheers,

I should also add that how thick a neck feels is not just down to thickness!!! The shape of the neck contour/profile and the nut width/string spacing are just as important.

So try out lots of guitars and take measurements of what you like

You can take a fat neck and make it feel thinner by removing wood from the 'cheeks' of the neck profile and making it slightly more v shaped. This is safer than actuially making it thinner because on pre-made necks you do not always know how deep the truss rod is in the neck

you'll find the warmoth standard thin is pretty much standard fender as they are fender licensed replacement necks or fender spares if you like.

I you love ur fender neck you will love the warmoth vintage modern [VM ] standard thin warmoth necks even better

they have 1 5/8" nut width or 1 11/16" nut width an it dont make a lot of diference

they are great necks i bought quite a few and use them on all my guitars to date

I am very fussy about the profile and nut width

check out the warmoth showcase

you'll find the warmoth standard thin is pretty much standard fender as they are fender licensed replacement necks or fender spares if you like.

I you love ur fender neck you will love the warmoth vintage modern [VM ] standard thin warmoth necks even better

they have 1 5/8" nut width or 1 11/16" nut width an it dont make a lot of diference

they are great necks i bought quite a few and use them on all my guitars to date

I am very fussy about the profile and nut width

check out the warmoth showcase

thanks mate you make them sound good :D

do you have any idea where their maple and rosewood wood comes from ? If not I will email them to ask.