I Need Help With Something? Noob

Hello everyone in Project guitar forum, i would need someone help, i need the wiring diagram , for my Strat guitar, it hums like hell, i have this setup right now, Neck pickup - Dimarzio HS-3 , Middle - Fender Stock - Bridge - Dimarzio HS-3, i would like to know how to properly use this pickups, how to wire them properly,. because they are suppossed to have no hum at all. is it because they are wired as single coils that they hum a lot?? how should i wire them to make them humbuckers??? Please help, ok, and another question, Does anybody know where i can download DVDS or anything about Luthiery ?? i would like to download videos about guitar construction and building..

Thanks to everyone!

One last question, How can i shield my guitar properly to stop humming at all??

Hope a soon response.

Hello everyone in Project guitar forum, i would need someone help, i need the wiring diagram , for my Strat guitar, it hums like hell, i have this setup right now, Neck pickup - Dimarzio HS-3 , Middle - Fender Stock - Bridge - Dimarzio HS-3, i would like to know how to properly use this pickups, how to wire them properly,. because they are suppossed to have no hum at all. is it because they are wired as single coils that they hum a lot?? how should i wire them to make them humbuckers??? Please help, ok, and another question, Does anybody know where i can download DVDS or anything about Luthiery ?? i would like to download videos about guitar construction and building..

Thanks to everyone!

One last question, How can i shield my guitar properly to stop humming at all??

Hope a soon response.

First, welcome to PG, you will find this is a great forum with a lot of knowledgable people and most willing to help. That being said. THey will not spoon feed you either. I would suggest that you Please use the search function to answer your questions. after you have exhausted that and are still not sure, then ask your questions based on your knowledge gained from reading the search material or lack of. Again many will be here to help you but you must try and help yourself first. There are many topics on sheilding, as well as wiring schematics.

Thanks, and again Welcome to PG.

Mike

Welcome.

If you want a great book on Guitar Building get ISBN 0 9531049 07 "Making Your Own Electric Guitar", by Melvyn Hiscock, 2nd Edition. He's a much respected authority. I got mine at Stewart McDonald. Amazon might be a good place too. I like to have a good book, vs the computer, most times.

Good luck on the wiring.

:D

There's some pretty comprehensive stuff on shielding a guitar and stopping humming on www.guitarnuts.com. Even if your humbuckers are acting like humbuckers, there's still a bunch of wiring in the guitar that can pick up noise. Having problems with the way your ground is wired can also cause a lot of hum. All that info is dealt with in detail on guitarnuts.

Some basic info on humbuckers:

http://www.dimarzio.com/media/diagrams/4Conductor.pdf

Combine these two diagrams to get what you need

http://www.dimarzio.com/media/diagrams/B2.pdf

http://www.dimarzio.com/media/diagrams/A2.pdf

Now: "Downloadable DVDs" almost always mean that someone has illegally made a rip of the DVD available for other to download. That is the thing that is killing the music and movie industry right now. If those used-to-be-big industries have problem with illegal downloading, what about a much smaller industry like the “information and instructional material for luthiers”-industry? And don’t give me any rant of how greedy the music industry are and that it isn’t the illegal downloading that kills the industry. Stealing is always steeling!!!!!!! If you need proof for this have a look here where Melvyn Hiscock tells the story about how wealthy he has become from writhing THE instructional book on guitar building.

Nuff said.