Spoke Shaves?

Thanks Spoke,

I spent part of the day building dovetails joints with my gents saw and chisels. That has nothing to do with the guitar I'm building but everything to do with a desk for my son. It felt good to do all the cuts by hand. See, I'm working on those "skills." That kind of got me thinking about how I could incorporate some dovetailing into a guitar project. It would be purely cosmetic (I can't see any real need for it in a build) but I think it would look cool. Has anyone out there ever seen a guitar done with anything like that? I was thinking that maybe it could work as binding on a topped design; maybe one routed out mostly hollow. I don't know, just thinking.

As for the cost of flyfishing, we do it on the cheap. We tie our own flies (Dad buillt my rod), eat lots of beans, rice, and trout, and sleep out under the stars or under a lean-to shelter when it rains. You can spend thousands on flyfishing stuff, but the trout don't care one way or the other. I've seen guys catch trout using sticks and flies made from thread and scraps of cloth. If the trout are hungry, it really doesn't matter.

But, this has nothing to do with guitars or tools, so I'll shut up now.

Buck

Electrics? Not s'much. Acoustics? Well, there's almost every Martin, for starters, with a sliding dovetail joint.

And then there's Howard Klepper's magnum opus dovetail guitar, 'Dovetail Madness'. Not all hand cut, but it's an impressive work of art in its own right:

http://www.klepperguitars.com/dovetail.html

Always great advice from Woodenspoke.

You could do a dove-tailed top, kind of like a jigsaw puzzle. I think if you search for jigsaw puzzle or puzzle on this forum you might come up with some hits. I really want to do a puzzle-piece top one day, I think they look awesome.