Home Made Guitar Rack

HI there,

heres my latest little project, i needed some spaces to put my guitar because i only have 3 floor stands and im at 5 guitar plus 2 project guitar so here it is....

Made from pine and tinted with minwax polyshades (basically a tinted polyurethane), has cabinet door handle with a spring underneath on one side to lock each spaces for added security, and felt strip up and down to protect each guitar finish.

thanks for looking !!! :D

2007_0510Image0087.jpg

I'm trying to work out if your sig is meant to be a joke or a pun or something... if it is then I'm still missing it

And the guitar rack is indeed awesome.

well, the locking mechanism is nothing too fancy, its just a plastic handle that go into 2 holes on the top, and one side is screwed from underneath and the screw pass trough a compression spring. so you lift the handle and swivel it to take the guitar and swivel it back and put it the hole to lock it.

glad you like it !!!!

thanks everybody :D

p.s. yes the sig is about vai dna jem.

well, the locking mechanism is nothing too fancy, its just a plastic handle that go into 2 holes on the top, and one side is screwed from underneath and the screw pass trough a compression spring. so you lift the handle and swivel it to take the guitar and swivel it back and put it the hole to lock it.

glad you like it !!!!

thanks everybody :D

p.s. yes the sig is about vai dna jem.

"nothing too fancy"... :D

Edited by leeranya

LOL, yeah actually im pretty tired of black guitar and i dont think ill do a project guitar that will be black anytime soon.

and the latest guitar i bought is the 7 string in the middle, i wanted a cheap one to try and see if i like seven string and the cheapest one i found was you guess it, BLACK.... :D

i also have a rg270dx that i made a white pickguard for it so it could be less boring.

thanks. :D

LOL, yeah actually im pretty tired of black guitar and i dont think ill do a project guitar that will be black anytime soon.

and the latest guitar i bought is the 7 string in the middle, i wanted a cheap one to try and see if i like seven string and the cheapest one i found was you guess it, BLACK.... :D

i also have a rg270dx that i made a white pickguard for it so it could be less boring.

thanks. :D

The only way to balance that rack is to build 3 more guitars with no paint or even finish, just straight wood guitars that'll give you splinters, then maybe it would balance out. :D jk. I got over my all black phase a while back when all I had to play was my all black strat, it was my first guitar and lasted me a while. I am in the all wood phase now and will be here for a while, I'm down with staining, just not covering the wood with paint.

That rack is beautiful!! Concentrating on guitars so much makes me forget all the cool things you can build out of wood. I'd love to see a rack like that with a nice pice of snakewood across the top where the neck lays. I just couldn't afford to built to it that way. Well right now I could with two guitars (small stand). Thanks for sharing, seriously I dig that rack. That Rack is Stacked! B)

Edited by jmrentis

Very nice stand. I like the idea. I need to build space for all my guitars in cases. My wife says if I don't tidy up our closet she's going to rent a wood chipper. Of course, I'm not sure if she's talking about for the guitars, or what's left of my body when she's done with me. :D

Heheh..."Fargo"

• 4 months later...