How Much Is My Guitar Worth?

Ok so i am taking guitar lessons and im wondering if i should keep this guitar or sell it. Also im just wondering how much it is worth.

- It was my moms in the 70's. she played it for a few months and after that she put it in a case in the bacement and hasnt touched it for 40 years. (so its in perfect condition)

- It has nylon strings

- the model number is "5001"

- the serial number is "010146"

how much could i get for this guitar?

Ok so i am taking guitar lessons and im wondering if i should keep this guitar or sell it. Also im just wondering how much it is worth.

- It was my moms in the 70's. she played it for a few months and after that she put it in a case in the bacement and hasnt touched it for 40 years. (so its in perfect condition)

- It has nylon strings

- the model number is "5001"

- the serial number is "010146"

how much could i get for this guitar?

Something like this- Link

If you are taking lessons might be better off using it.

I was looking at this model to get for a fix up

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alvarez-Acoustic-Guita...1QQcmdZViewItem

Its actually a good model from the reviews Ive read. It get high ratings from owners.

If it was mine to do over I d get a beater and redo the top, then the neck etc...

Haha, bad idea linking a "fix it up" project on a luthier forum! I'd love to get my hands on a project like that as well, although I don't have the money right now to do it. :D

I was looking at this model to get for a fix up

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alvarez-Acoustic-Guita...1QQcmdZViewItem

Its actually a good model from the reviews Ive read. It get high ratings from owners.

If it was mine to do over I d get a beater and redo the top, then the neck etc...

Personally I think re-topping seems harder than from scratch. However it would be a handy way to get a look inside how a manufacturer puts that model together.

Bring that Guitar back to life and put it in service GW! It is sad to see a nice guitar out of commish.

Peace,Rich

I have played alot of acoustics but never an Alvarez

How does a midrange model ($400-$800) sound and what are they like?

none of the stores around me carry them

I have an ok Tacoma DM-9 its all solid wood, but I would say this.

For the 6 + years I have had it, I would like to have had a GREAT guitar, because those 6 years are GONE!

Get the best guitar you can afford, then spend an extra $500.00 and get a better one. Go for tone, not fancy wood! You will not regret it!