Bridge versus fretboard radius

The Stewmac/Carvin through neck I'm thinking of using for my project has a 15 inch radius. Most tune-o-matic style bridges seem to have a 12 inch radius. Does it matter?

I did some quick math and if my trigonometry is correct on a 2 and 1/16 string width (at the bridge) the difference, in the centre of the fretboard is 0.008968 of an inch. Or 9 thou. Less than a 1/100 of an inch. And thats the worst difference (centre of fretboard).

I can't imagine anybody would feel the difference. Any comments?

Cheers, Mike MacSween

well i have a 14 radius floyd bridge on a 10 radius neck and i can certainly tell... if the neck didn't come all fretted and everything i'd sujjest you just round it down to 12...

Although the 'worst' difference between a 10 inch and 14 inch radius is quite a bit greater - 0.015395. Nearly twice the difference between the 15" and the 12". Also the opposite way round. You've got a a bridge which is flatter than the fretboard. I'm considering a fretboard which is flatter than the bridge.

What does anybody else do? That Carvin neck is used by quite a few people. And a 15 inch radius board is common anyway. So what bridges does anybody use. According to the StewMac site pretty much all the TOM bridges seem to be 12" radius.

Cheers, Mike

I'm probably going to end up going with this one:

Hipshot Hardtail Bridge

I'd like a TOM but given the radius differences plus the carved top problem, I think the Hipshot one will be easier to work with.

Although, I suppose it would be possible to file down the saddles on a TOM to match the radius of a fretboard. I won't be the first to try it, though. :D