Need Urgent Help On How To Properly Hook Up Pedals

HI to all,

I really need help with my pedals.... Im having trouble on how to hook them up properly.

what i have hooked up on my rig now is in this order.

Guitar => Behringer GDI 21 => Boss Overdrive/Distortion OS2 => Boss Super Octave OC3 => Danelectro FAB Chorus => Boss Digital Delay DD3 => Boss Equalizer GE7 => Amp

Am I hooking them up the proper way?

please help... i would really apprecieate it...

thanks and Godbless

-Louie

I don't see how this is urgent but what I would change is to put the EQ right after the distortion and put the delay last. I'm not sure where your amp simulator would go. Right before the amp after the delay? You can also experiment w/ putting the octave and the chorus before and after the overdrive. It will change the sound a lot and it's all about personal preference. Experiment and see what you like. There is no wrong way.

Edited by Logical Frank

there isnt really a specific order, its just personal preference. but..if you have something with a noise supressor consider putting it last to soak up all the noise from the other pedals.

i only use 2 FX atm, i have a dunlop cry baby wah into a line 6 uber metal, and i put the wah first just because it was heaver and wouldnt move around as much when i moved around, however after making a pedalboard i tryed them the other way around and i hated the sound that came out.

I would put any modulation effect (chorus, wah) after a distortion pedal. Modulation effects emphasize a certain harmonic (I think), and sending the signal with this accented harmonic thru a distortion pedal sounds nasty (to me). But, I don't use distortion pedals any more, so...

The guy in the link said:

"Filter effects

* Phaser

* Wah pedal

These effects sweep a peak (wah) or notches (phaser) in the frequency response. By placing these before distortion effects, they vary the distortion intensity of the affected frequencies at the same time."

I dunno. I don't know a whole lot about electronics, but it sounds reasonable to me.

HI to all,

I really need help with my pedals.... Im having trouble on how to hook them up properly.

what i have hooked up on my rig now is in this order.

Guitar => Behringer GDI 21 => Boss Overdrive/Distortion OS2 => Boss Super Octave OC3 => Danelectro FAB Chorus => Boss Digital Delay DD3 => Boss Equalizer GE7 => Amp

Am I hooking them up the proper way?

please help... i would really apprecieate it...

thanks and Godbless

-Louie

I'd go with: Octave - EQ - Distortion (- amp modeller?) - Delay - Chorus

Why?...because pitch shifters & envelope filters need a clean signal to track properly otherwise they can make some wierd noises so octave first. Next I'd go for the EQ but it can go either in front or behind the distortion. I usually put chorus before delay & then phaser's or flanger's after but they can be swapped also. The delay will repeat anything that is fed into it so it depends whether you want the chorused sound repeated or the repeated sound to be chorused. If I had just chorus & delay I'd put the delay first. The amp modeller is tricky, if you're just using it as an OD/distortion pedal then put it with the other one.

Ideally you want the chorus & delay in an effects loop unless you're plugging into a clean amp & using only outboard overdrive, otherwise you'll be distorting the delays.

iv seen vais rig on a vid and he was using a pitchshifter last.

http://guitargeek.com/rigview/119/

He seems to have a Whammy after a DS1 & an Eventide in a rack but neither of them are last. The manual that comes with the Whammy suggests placing it first & the booklets that come with Boss pedals recommend pitch-shifters first. There's no set rules but even trying to play two notes at once or bending a string can made a pitch shifter go screwy so giving it the cleanest possible signal is best.