Dupli-color Sandable?

I'm trying to repaint a bass using plain white dupli-color paint,sanded,primed ect.. painted the base coat and tryed to sand it with 600 wet before the clear coat and the paint started to turn a yellow color? Has this happend to anyone else with white or any other color? Am I doing something wrong? Its been a real pain in the a.. Thanks

You're shooting lacquer. Its not really necessary to do any wetsanding between color coat and clearcoat, unless you've really got some nasty runs everywhere, and even after that more color should be laid down. No mechanical bond is required between coats of lacquer. The solvent (acetone) in the new lacquer coat will fuse with previously laid coats. So shoot your white as best you can with rattlecans, cut away drips, runs etc. with a razor when dry then shoot the clearcoat. Wetsand the clearcoat.

You're shooting lacquer. Its not really necessary to do any wetsanding between color coat and clearcoat, unless you've really got some nasty runs everywhere, and even after that more color should be laid down. No mechanical bond is required between coats of lacquer. The solvent (acetone) in the new lacquer coat will fuse with previously laid coats. So shoot your white as best you can with rattlecans, cut away drips, runs etc. with a razor when dry then shoot the clearcoat. Wetsand the clearcoat.

Yeah,I didn't really plan on sanding it(The base coat) but I got some lint or something on there and tryed to sand it out. Any ideas for that situation? Thank you

I used their Sandable Black Primer for my RG7620 re-finish, very nice, easy to sand, takes a few coats to fill the grain, but I didn't start out with heavy coats either. I sanded the body down to 800 grit, then primed.

The white shouldn't turn yellow because of sanding. Maybe there was something in the water or the paper you used? Anyway, you can continue to put coats and sand with 600 until you think that the coat is nice and smooth, at that pint just shoot one more nice white coat and clear over that without sanding.