Loud Buzz, Please Help :)

prauny

Hello all, my problem is this...

Ive followed this diagram to wire a Epipohone les paul special from scratch http://www.guitarelectronics.com/product/WDUHH3T1101 which all seems simple enough. Now i come to plug it into the amp and i have a very loud buzzing which can be turned down by completely turning off the treble on the guitar, but its still there. Obviously this will not do, so what can i have done wrong to cause this? Or what are the reasons for this? I grounded everything that it says to on the diagram so i dont know how it can be that, but when i touch the switch and the bridge it gets louder. Thanks for reading and please can you help? I would use the search, but i dont have time as i need this done in the next few hours...

... Its actually anything connected to the ground that makes it buzz louder.

Edited by prauny

is the right side of the input jack connected to ground. the tip of it should go to the guitar and the other connection should go to ground.

that wouldnt make it buzz..

do you have a common point in your guitar that you are soldering to ? (the back of a pot)

Solder all the grounds to the back of a pot and the wire from the bridge (so the strings are grounded) make sure the ground on the output jack is connected to the back of the pot.

http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/1899/wduhh3t1101wl8.jpg

Edited by Samba Pa Ti

is the right side of the input jack connected to ground. the tip of it should go to the guitar and the other connection should go to ground.

The output jack is connected to ground, and i think i used the right tab on it. When you say the 'tip' which part on the jack is that? Would it still work if i soldered the wires to the wrong tabs?

that wouldnt make it buzz..

do you have a common point in your guitar that you are soldering to ? (the back of a pot)

Solder all the grounds to the back of a pot and the wire from the bridge (so the strings are grounded) make sure the ground on the output jack is connected to the back of the pot.

http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/1899/wduhh3t1101wl8.jpg

Yes im using the back of the volume pot for the common ground spot. Ive also put a wire from the back of the tone put to the ground on the back of the volume pot, should i have done that?

To be honest, what i could do with is a diagram that spells out to me where each wire goes.

Sorry dude, i just noticed that diagram there, did you edit it to show me the ground?

Edited by prauny

yeah a wire from the tone to the volume is right.

the tip of the output jack is the part that looks like a claw solder the hot lead to that lug and the ground to the other.

it sounds like the bridge ground is missing if it gets louder when you touch the bridge

Edited by Samba Pa Ti

yeah a wire from the tone to the volume is right.

the tip of the output jack is the part that looks like a claw solder the hot lead to that lug and the ground to the other.

it sounds like the bridge ground is missing if it gets louder when you touch the bridge

The bridge is grounded, i just checked that. Its soldered to the voloume pot like the other ground wires.