Met Aa Pg Member Face To Face Today

Hi everyone,

I just wanted say I finally met a PG member today face to face. What a great day. I met GodBlessTexas aka Joseph

I must say we had a very nice day and I hope that Joseph had as good of time as I did. We took in the afternoon and Bs'd, went to Charleys Guitars an institution since the 70s, which GBT had not been too, then came back and Jammed for a while over a beer. I want to say it was a pleasure meeting him and great fun. I would recommend that any of you that are close in proximity, that you try and meet, even if there is an age difference. Our next outing is for some choice BBQ (JON YOU READING THIS) We plan on trying to meet up with Jon in Ft Worth soon( if he's willing). Who Knows what's next??? But I will say, I think we had a great time and I greatly appreciated the company and the conversation.

Thanks GBT!!!!!

Mike

Edited by MiKro
Our next outing is for some choice BBQ (JON YOU READING THIS) We plan on trying to meet up with Jon in Ft Worth soon( if he's willing).

Haha, yep. I really need to get portable equipment for my bass, no fun in carrying around 200 lbs. in equipment if I want to jam with someone. :D

I finally met Brian d for the first time today.

I went around to his house, where we showed off our latest builds and then spent the rest of the day chatting away

and assembling his new drillpress and bandsaw. Even got to use them both. he he he

I really enjoyed the experience in meeting someone off of the forum and discussing things guitar-related.

It's also great to see other concepts and ideas in building up close.

If you're out there Brian, thanks for your hospitality........ and the goncalvo alves billet. :D

cheers, Stu

anyone in sydney?......no??

anyway good /weird story

did anyone see the build on the buildyourguitar site were they guy was from darwin and he made his own cases

well once i was at darwin air port and i saw one of these cases sitting on a trolley(obviously the guy)

so i waited round but he never came then my plane did

so..........thats the closes ive ever come.........and he wasn't even from PG

people need to come to sydney

Edited by tim_ado
anyone in sydney?......no??

anyway good /weird story

did anyone see the build on the buildyourguitar site were they guy was from darwin and he made his own cases

well once i was at darwin air port and i saw one of these cases sitting on a trolley(obviously the guy)

so i waited round but he never came then my plane did

so..........thats the closes ive ever come.........and he wasn't even from PG

people need to come to sydney

I've been to sydney 3 or 4 times :D

I finally met Brian d for the first time today.

I went around to his house, where we showed off our latest builds and then spent the rest of the day chatting away

and assembling his new drillpress and bandsaw. Even got to use them both. he he he

I really enjoyed the experience in meeting someone off of the forum and discussing things guitar-related.

It's also great to see other concepts and ideas in building up close.

If you're out there Brian, thanks for your hospitality........ and the goncalvo alves billet. :D

cheers, Stu

I haven't been on line for a while, but I've just come inside from my workshop. B)

th_workshop.jpg

When I look at the photo of it now, even I get jealous!

Thanks to Stu, and his incredible knowledge and patience, it's up and running. And with the Safe-t-planer and Stu's instructions, I'm just a spanner away from a patented Oz Tradie radius block.

It was great meeting Stu and seeing his carvetop in person. It sounded amazing even through my little micro-cube amp and the execution was absolutely flawless. (Made me a bit embarassed about some of my newbie mistakes on my builds :D ) The depth of the figure that Stu brought out with his finish is breathtaking.

regards,

Brian.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Met with Dawnofzion Today. Had a great time BS'n about other interest as well. Deer and Turkey hunting and things like that. It's a Texas thing, LOL:))) I'm sure in your areas as well. Very nice and genuine person Weston is. I think you get the gist!!!! Had a nice time and welcomed the company, hopefully a friendship that will develop. Joseph aka GodBlessTexas as well as Weston, aka DawnoffZion and I plan on meeting up with Jon in 2 weeks for some BBQ at Jons' Dads restaurant in Ft Worth. We all look forward to the meet. It's really great putting faces with names. I'm the oldest in this group LOL:))) by at least 20+ years LOL:)) but these guys are invigorating for me and I hope I might be able to pass on some wisdom , but learn from them as well?

If not at least we hope to have a good time!!!

Thanks guys,

Mike

Hehe....today I got invited to attend a conference at UWA in Perth in November. I'm very seriously thinking of going and dropping in on Perry.

Be sure you call for an appointment. :D

Might want to grab an estimate on hourly rates from him. I'd bet an hour of his time will run you $500-$1000 easy, lol, jk. That guy never sounds like he has a second to breath, so to hang with him, he might just put you and those radiusing bits to work.

We should have a big forum get together. Maybe in Austin?

I was thinking it would be really cool if we started a club or something and had events (tech sessions and what not) but alas I think Pmarlin is the only one in my neck of the woods. But we could still do something annually ya know?

That would be sweet! I'd definitely try and get out there if we had one.

CMA